x. a very grand way of asking

Previously,

"Now I just have to find a way to breathe under water for an hour, great," Iris mutters sarcastically.

+x+

"As most of you likely guessed, along with the Tournament, a ball is taking place this Yule. You do not have to attend but champions must attend with said date," Karkaroff announced to the students of Durmstrang Institute.

Iris groaned quietly. She had been to balls and such with the Malfoys and Krums. She despised them.

"I'm assuming you're asking that girl you've been making heart eyes, Vik?" Ivan, Viktor's best friend, asked.

Iris' ears perked up at this.

"Depends. She's always either will Potter or that red-head. 'Can never find her alone. Only when she's at the library," Viktor sighed.

"He's planning on asking Granger? Oh how fun," Grindelwald said through the link.

Iris snickered at her grandfather's sarcasm. Viktor looked at her with a raised brow, which made Iris discreetly look at her 'cat.'

"Mors calls her the Gryffindor Banshee, does he not? He's visited Harry here, as you know, saying all she does is spit facts rather loudly," Iris snickered through the link.

"Oh, Iris, never thought of you to be the one to be so mean," Grindelwald teased.

Iris rolled her eyes and picked him up.

"Since you don't fancy anyone, I'm assuming you're asking Draco?" Grindelwald asked.

"No, don't want a jealous raven-head boy coming after me," Iris muttered out loud.

"I was gonna ask Luna if she wanted to go as friends, if not, I'll make Mors go with me," Iris said the last part sarcastically.

"What makes you so sure I want to go to some pathetic Yule Ball? I've been to many but a Hogwarts one just sounds rather. . . weird per say," Mors said through the link, startling Grindelwald and Iris.

"Must you force your way through our link? You know it causes me pain after awhile," Grindelwald complained.

"Yes, I enjoy seeing you in pain, Gellert."

"This is bullying."

+x+

Iris was walking down the hall when she heard some kids picking on a boy.

"You really think she'll go with you?" The leader asked laughing.

It was then that she noticed it was Ronald Weasley.

"She's Iris bloody Krum! She defiantly wouldn't go to the ball with a coward!" He had shoved Neville Longbottom into a corner of a wall.

His head had started bleeding at the impact. Iris saw red.

"She'll probably go with me. Even if she could be a bit of a nuisance," Ron muttered the last part under his breath.