xxvi. headquarters

Previously,

Iris throws a pillow at him in response. Harry catches it and throws it at a laughing Iris. She shrieks and dives into the bed. Downstairs, Petunia was smiling softly at the laughter. These were one of the days that they could act their age, not worry about the war brewing in the Wizarding World. Oh how they wished it could last forever.

+x+

Despite Vernon Dursley hating the two new inhabitants in his house, Petunia spent as much time with them as she could and Dudley had very little interactions with them.

On their birthday, Dumbledore had the twins taken for the day and to The Burrow. Let's just say it was chaotic for the two youngest Weasley's to handle, with two scowling mothers watching them. Sadly, they were not allowed to stay and were sent back to the Dursley's.

On the morning of August 2, 1995, the twins decided to head out. They were never allowed to leave and it'll have been suspicious if they used underage magic where the Order members watching them could see.

That was until Mundugs Fletcher decided to sleep on the job, of course. So, as the smart fifteen year olds they are, they left — with permission obviously.

"Harry let's go into town!" Iris tackled her twin.

"We did that last night, how 'bout the park? We've only gone once," he stated.

For a moment, the twins pounded on the options.

"Separate in town and meet by the swing set?" They asked together.

They looked at each other silently and lost their composure.

"Quiet down! We didn't take you in for you two to be loud!" The muffled voice of Vernon Dursley yelled.

Harry mimicked him making Iris laugh even louder. Vernon, hearing the laughter, stomped up stairs. Hearing this through their laughter, they apparated away with a pop.

Landing in an alleyway, they quickly saw a sweating Petunia walk by carrying loads of bags while fanning herself; spoiler alert, it wasn't very effective. Secretly, Harry casted a cooling charm on her and followed Iris to a bookstore.

He wasn't even in there for ten minutes before he left to the park. It probably wasn't the best idea to tell his sister that he was just going to explore the town more since she'll obviously look for him but he was honestly tired of the place.

He decided to walk around, meeting the nicer kids of the area. He occasionally saw one of the kids in Dudley's "gang" but they never noticed him. It was around 5:30 when he decided to rest at the swing set and read.

+x+

"Is it really a smart idea to let Harry think I didn't know he left?" Iris asked the person behind her.

"Yes, sadly it is. It's crucial that he's there," they answered.

"Tempy!" Hissed Destruction.

"You know you aren't supposed to say anything!" she hit the back of their head.

"Oh c'mon!"Chaos started.