xxv. dumbledore's order

Albus Dumbledore apparated onto Potter Manor. Even from the outside, you could hear the arguments. Yes, Dumbledore knows that James left even if they were both still married. The manipulative old man did not know what was happening with James Potter. He thought the spell had worked.

'Maybe it's weakening,' he thought. 'But that's impossible. It's probably just his rebellious side kicking in,' he chuckled to himself.

He knocked gently, but loud enough to seize the quarrel. It was Harry who opened the door. Harry had to keep the scowl from appearing on his face. Dumbledore and Harry stared at each other, eye to eye.

Harry knew he was trying to see into his mind, but like all the Celestial Masters, it's impossible. So instead, some fake — but real — thoughts and memories were portrayed.

Smirking inwardly at how 'oblivious' they boy was he asked, "Can I come in, my boy?"

Nodding stiffly, Harry let's the Headmaster in. The fighting had seized.

"Lily, James," he greets when they arrived to the drawing room. James stiffly nods while Lily wipes her cheeks with a small hello.

"For Harry's safety, I regret to say that he has to go to—"

+x+

Sirius Black has just found out what Dumbledore was going to tell the Potters. Since Dumbledore didn't believe Iris left the Dursley's, he assumed she was still there. He would most likely reveal that she is there with Harry protesting. With a lot of hesitation he sent an understanding Iris to the Dursley's. Oh they were in for a surprise.

Arriving at the doorstep of #4 Privet Drive, Surrey, they knocked on the door rather loudly. The door was roughly yanked open by a woman with a long neck.

"Hello, how may I help you?" She greeted stiffly.

"Hello Aunt Petunia," Iris smirked at the look on her face.

"But- but you were?" She said shakily.

"Oh I was adopted then disowned by that family and now live with my godfather," Iris said, gesturing to Sirius.

Sirius stepped forward and started talking,
"Dumbledore doesn't know you dumped Iris to the Muggle Aurors which left her at an orphanage, so she simply has to stay here till Harry is picked up."

She stared at him, wide eyes and long neck stiff.

"Of-of course," she responded scared, letting them in.

She led them to the smallest bedroom, Dudley's second bedroom.

"We'll have to clean this out but you and your brother will stay in here," Petunia said and hurried out to tell her whale of a husband.

Looking at the room disgustingly, Sirius flicked his wand and the room was cleaned up, looking more expensive then the house itself.

"I'll see you soon, Rissie," Sirius mumbled into her head, kissing it. And with that he disappareted.

+x+