xxxvii. cedric's new mission

Once again, Cedric was near his parents' house. The couple still gave him food but they seemed to be. . . freaked out by him. Amos' wife, Melissa Diggory, had noticed his human-like eyes when her husband mentioned about it.

She knew who's eyes they were when she saw it. She didn't believe it. Cedric was not alive? How could he be? She saw his body; they buried him.

It was Melissa who came out to give him food this time. She hadn't come out for a week to give him food, forcing Amos do it. Cedric wagged his tail and ran up to his mother.

"Hey boy," she said softly, scratching his head.

She placed the plate of food down and she left. Cedric quickly ate the food and went around to the window near his parents' bedroom.

He heard soft crying and immediately wanted to go comfort his mother but he couldn't. He had to be believed dead.

+x+

It had been a day since he left his home. He had to be somewhere. He's just hope his parents didn't worry about a dog not being there. He knew it provided them a little comfort for when he tragically 'died'.

He appeared in Hogsmeade. He was wearing a grey cloak, a hood covering his head. He swiftly walked towards the shrieking shack, on high alert of the 'haunted' shack.

Once inside, he noticed the tears on the wallpaper. Strangely it was claw marks. He brushed it off and walked until he heard a deep voice.

"Diggory."

Cedric walked into the door, seeing a handsome young man, he looked to be about in his mid twenties, maybe late twenties.

"Er. . . hello?" Cedric answered.

"I have a mission for you, Diggory," the man announced.

Cedric quirked his head to the side, "No offense, but who are you?"

The man chuckled.

"I am Lord Voldemort," Tom smirked, his eyes flashing red.

Cedric stiffened. Tempus had erased Tom's face from that night.

"I need you to recruit people. In France."