xlii. hermione's decleration

Defense Against the Dark Arts. It was one of the easy classes. But to Hermione, at least this year, she felt she had to self-teach more. She felt like she wasn't learning enough for the war. That Harry wasn't learning enough.

One day after class she went to Dumbledore's office, dragging Ron with her. He was complaining the whole time, and begging her to tell him why they were going to Dumbledore. Ron may be one of the dumbest people at Hogwarts but he knew Hermione wouldn't drag him to Dumbledore's office if it wasn't a good idea she had.

"Oh come one, Hermione! Tell me why you're dragging me to Dumbledore's office!" Ron whined.

"You'll hear when I tell Professor Dumbledore, Ron!" Hermione hissed.

The boy finally huffed but reluctantly stayed quiet while she dragged him.

"Acid Pops."

"Miss Granger, Mister Weasley, what can I help you with?" Was the first thing the two heard when they walked into his office.

"It's about Harry defeating You-Know-Who," Hermione announced.

"Okay. . ."

"Not that Professor Sewlyn isn't a suitable teacher, we feel it's best that Harry teaches us how to defeat You-Know-Who," Hermione explains. "It would also be good for the students to learn how to do this, sir. Some-" she glanced at Ron, "-are a bit incompetent. . ."

"Miss Granger, you're a smart student, why can't you?"

"Thank you sir, but Harry is at the top for Defense Against the Dark Arts. He is obviously the top choice for this," Hermione explained in one breath.

Dumbledore nodded his head in agreement. Hermione smiled and dragged Ron out of his office. Ron left, still confused.

+x+

"Harry!" Hermione called.

Harry was with the Iris, they had just gotten back from Tom's office, both red with laughter. They had just charmed all his books to flirt with him. Oh he was going to be so pissed.

"Harry!" Hermione tried again.

He finally turned around.

"Yes. . .?"

"Can we talk?" She asked. "Privately?" She glanced at Iris. Ron was glaring at her. Iris just stifled a snort.

Harry's green eyes darker for a moment before nodding. "Go find Dr- Malfoy. I'll talk to you later," he said.

She nodded and with a pointed look, he understood she wanted to know what Hermione said.

"Why're you hanging with her?" Ron spat.

"If that's what you wanted to know, I'll be leaving now," Harry seethed.

"Ronald! No that wasn't what we wanted to discuss," Hermione sighed.

"Fine. Then what is it?" Harry sighed.

"We need a teacher. That teacher should be you."

Author's Note:

Sorry for not updating in a while. I've just lost a lot of motivation to continue this. I probably won't update this for a long time again. I won't not finish this story but the updates will just be very spaced out.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter, sorry for making you guys wait for so long!