xvii. third task pt. 1: the family

"I, Lord Adrian Kane Krum, hereby disown, Iris Amelia Potter-Krum, so mote be it."

+x+

Hours Earlier. . .

It had been days since Albus' manipulations has been revealed to the teenagers. The wait for the third task was nerve wrecking for Harry and Iris. As they were the youngest — yet most powerful — they were nervous, scared.

Scared that they didn't know enough spells, the power to fuel said spells. They didn't even know what they were supposed to be up against. Naturally, the other champions knew. Harry and Iris avoided everyone that knew about the task, blocking out the celestial beings. They didn't want to cheat. They wanted to win, yes, but fairly.

"Iris, will you please stop ignoring me?" Viktor pleaded his adopted sister.

"I don't want to know what the task is Viktor, it's bad enough that the school is upset that I left the quidditch team and been avoiding everyone but I need to learn how to do things on my own! Find things out on my own, without help from everyone!" Iris snapped.

She had been keeping these things to herself, the fact that she always had help angered her, she wanted to be independent.

Yes, when coming to Hogwarts for the tournament Iris has become more independent but Death, Gellert and the celestial beings were always helping her.

Viktor sighed but what startled Iris was when Viktor chuckled.

"I always did tell you to tell someone your feelings otherwise you'd explode," Viktor said after he stopped chuckling.

Iris stared him, just stared, mouth agape and eyes slightly widened.

"Any who," Viktor continued, "I didn't come look for you to tell you what the task was. I came to tell you that mom 'n pa are here," Viktor smiled softly. "I was thinking of introducing Her-my-knee to them," Viktor informed.

Iris stared at him for a moment before responding, "Alright. Well I'll see you later Vik, I have to go meet Luna and Draco now."

With that, the young blonde left in search for her friends. She was honestly hoping the Malfoy's would come and watch. Recently, she had become quite uneasy at the thought of her adoptive parents and she couldn't figure out why. It scared her a bit. They raised her, loved her, so why was she feeling so uneasy about them?

+x+

"Alright baby Potter," Fred started.

"We're meeting Harrykins at the Great Hall," George continued.

"Where sadly, our family is at," Fred.

"And the best way to piss them off," George.

"Is to come in with you," they finished together, smirking evilly.

The girl grins a them, shaking her head.

"Alright, I presume that could work," Iris says, linking arms with them.

To say the Weasley family — excluding Charlie who was in Romania — and the Potters, save Bill, Harry and James, were shocked would be an understatement.

No, they were fuming, their faces redder than their hair with anger. Molly Weasley started screaming like a banshee at the twins while Iris slipped away easily, sending and cheeky wink to the twins.

"Mother, Father," Iris greeted as warmly as she could.

"Iris," Penelope greets stiffly.

"Come with us child, we have something important to do," Adrian says, a scowl on his face.

Nodding with no suspicion, Iris follows her adoptive parents. They go to the corner of the room, where no one happens to be paying attention.

"I'm sorry but this must happen," Penelope says with a sadness laced in her voice.

"I, Lord Adrian Kane Krum, hereby disown, Iris Amelia Potter-Krum, so mote be it."