xxx. the sorting ceromony

The students of Hogwarts Witchcraft and Wizardry piled off the train. Professor Kettleburn was calling for the first years. Iris spotted Severus Snape among the crowd and dragged Manuel over.

"Uncle- Professor Snape," Iris corrected herself.

"Albus sent me here for instructions for two new fifth year students, which is obviously you two," he drawled boredly.

Manuel studied the man for a moment before shaking his head at the man.

"You two will follow the first years on the boats and you will receive further instructions from Professor McGonagall," he said before disappearing in a blink of an eye.

"Well, he certainly was pleasant," Manuel said sarcastically.

"Shall we m'lady," he gestured towards the boats with a horrible attempt at a British accent.

"We shall," Iris said in a more posh accent.

"Four to
a boat!" Kettleburn shouts.

Being twice the size of the first years, the two get their own boat with one first year.

"Aren't you two a little too big to be first years?" The first years asks.

"We're new students," Iris states simply.

"What year?" He asks.

"Fifth," Manuel says.

"Cool. . . I'm Micheal, Micheal Roberts," Micheal introduces.

Manuel eyes the first year mysteriously then introduces himself, "Manuel Scamander and she has too many last names."

Iris glared at him then turns to Micheal.

"He's an asshole, ignore him. . . I mean, my name is Iris Potter-Black," Iris stammers.

"Not in front of the ickle-first years, Iris!" Manuel shouts sarcastically.

"They'll learn it anyways!" She huffs in protest.

Gasps we're heard among the first years. The three turned towards the castle and Micheal almost fainted in shock of the castle. The lights and stars illuminated the castle beautifully and the reflection of the lake was stunning.

"Careful for the Giant Squid, it might eat you," Kettleburn called out teasingly.

On que, a tentacle stuck up and waved to the students, making a lot of the scream.

"It's harmless. . . hopefully," Iris muttered the last part more to herself.

They arrived at the castle and they all got off the boats. Manuel made a disgusted face when a first year threw up after getting off the boats.

Kettleburn lead them through the entrance of Hogwarts right up to the entrance of the Great Hall. The elderly lady known as Minerva McGonagall comes up to the first years, staring at them sternly.

"Welcome to Hogwarts," she finally says. "Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin," she instructs.