Sirius O. Black & Remus J. Lupin-Black

Sirius Black and Remus Lupin visited James and Lily on November 1st, 1981. They had heard about the attack from Dumbledore the night previous and knew something fishy happened. So, as the smart people that they are, went to investigate. When they got there, they immediately knew something was wrong with their friends. They noticed the dazed look in their eyes.

"Lily, James, you guys alright?" Remus asked.

"Just a bit shaken up from the attack last night. Why?" Lily asked.

"Nothing, you guys were just acting. . . odd," Sirius states. "Now, where are my godchildren?" Sirius clapped his hands together, changing the subject.

"Oh. . . err. . . about that Padfoot― uh― Lily, Dumbledore and I thought it was best to send the squib―" James spat the word." ―to Lily's sister's, where she is perfectly safe," James said.

"Squib? Your child―which ever one you sent away― is most defiantly not a squib. They have very strong cores for their age, so its defiantly a lie that one of them is a squib. It was probably a temporary core shut down," Remus explained, glaring at his idiotic friend.

"Wait. Did you say Dumbledore?" Sirius spat out their former headmaster's name out. Lily nodded with raised eyebrows.

"Yes, why? He's a great man," James tilted his head.

Remus and Sirius looked at each other, ignoring James' question.

"I'm just going to visit my godchild, Lord and Lady Potter," Sirius spat coldly.

"Lord. . . Lady. . . Sirius!" James shouted in protest.

"Its Lord Black to you now," Sirius snarled, his icy glare scaring Lily.

"Moony?" James whispered. Remus growled lowly and followed Sirius up the stairs.

Sirius and Remus stormed into the twins' repaired room. Remus waited outside the door. He―as in Sirius― only saw Harry napping and felt a pang in his heart when what his best mate said was true. His goddaughter, Iris, was really gone. His magic lashed out, somehow not scaring poor little Harry. In fact, it smoothed him.

Remus came in when he felt the magic atmosphere―thanks to being a werewolf― dramatically change. Even though Remus felt calmer due to his friend―or rather secret lover― angry magic. He did notice Harry seemed calmer, even though he's sleeping, due to the angry magic. When Lily's magic was out to sooth the kids, they were never this calm. It was like they trusted Sirius more than their mother.

Then, Harry suddenly woke up. He did not cry due to the magic in the air. He was relatively calm. If Harry were to wake up due to his mother's magic, he'd be spreading his magic around him. Perhaps it was the godfather bond that soothed.

Harry looked around―possibly for his other half― and felt a yearn of warmth that only one person could give him. He had started crying, the word, "'Ris", constantly. Sirius and Remus felt bad. They could clearly see the young 'savior' wanted his twin sister. He yearned for her warmth. They had wanted to take Harry away but knew it wasn't possible. That day, Remus Lupin and Sirius Black made a vow; they will get Iris back, no matter what it takes. After a kiss to Harry's forehead from each of them, the couple away to #4 Privet drive. Severing their ties with James and Lily.