xxxiii. ravenclaw dorms

Instead of following the prefects like the first years, Manuel and Iris opted for going to the common room with Luna. Though something kept moving in Luna's robes, the two decided not to question it. After many flights of stairs, the trio finally arrived at Ravenclaw tower.

"Fucking hell, that's a lot of stairs," Manuel wheezed.

"And you did this everyday for the past three years?" He asked Luna.

She nodded, "I mean this should be nothing compared to what you do with her. I'd say this is much easier."

Manuel just glared at her. Iris just stared at the Raven sitting on a silver perch, completely oblivious to the two's conversation; a Potter trait that will probably stick with her no matter how many times she's blood adopted.

The raven's head turned toward the three, staring into their souls.

"Where do vanished objects go?" It riddled.

Iris flashed her Ravenclaw Lady Ring, the raven's red eyes turning blue.

"Into nonbeing. . . which is to say everything," Luna answered. The door swung open for the three and they walked in.

The room was blue and their were bookshelves fill
of books around the common room. The moonlight illuminated the room, showing the rooms true beauty.

"Every Saturday, the seventh year prefects have a book club. It's quite fascinating actually," Luna said dreamily.

"Unlike the other houses, our dorms are co-ed. But you can switch with people," Luna explained.

"I'm gonna go see who I'm with this year," Luna said before skipping off.

"Woah. . . The common room, it's beautiful," Manuel exclaimed.

"Not beautiful, gorgeous," Iris corrected.

"Shall we go look for our room, m'lady?" Manuel bowed and asked with a posh accent.

"We shall, my good sir," Iris replied in a posh accent walked away.

Looking at the door plaques of each room, Manuel finally found his room.

"Iris, looks like we're sharing a room," he called out.

"Sweet, let's pick our beds."

Inside, there were four beds. The curtains around the bed were blue and the blanket was was gray with the bed sheets being blue. Right next to two of the beds, there were windowsills. Against the walls were four desks. The two chose the beds next to the windowsills.

The door opened to reveal an Indian girl and a boy with brown hair.

"You're the new students, correct?" The Indian girl commented. They nodded. "I'm Padma Patil and this is Terry Boot," she said and walked in.

Terry, who wanted to change rooms just waved hello and grabbed his trunk and walked off.

"Don't mind him, he was bummed out when he found out he couldn't room with one of his friends. He's probably on his way there now," she shrugged and picked a bed.

The two nodded and stayed silent. The door was knocked on and Padma opened it.

"Oh hello Luna," she smiled.

"Hello Padma, if you don't mind, can I stay here? They kicked me out," Luna responded kindly.

"If it's alright with my room-"

"Whats their names, Lulu?" Iris said, eyes glowing gold.

"Don't worry about it Rissy, it's fine I swear," she replied.

"Woah! What happened with your eyes? It was awesome!" Padma squealed.

"Nothing. . . Probably just a trick of the light," Iris lied.

"Trick of light, okay, very believable," Manuel muttered sarcastically.

Luna walked in and placed her trunk at the end of the bed.

"I swear, I'll be surrounded by girls forever," Manuel groaned playfully and flopping onto his bed.

The girls looked at each other before attacking him with pillows. The whole tower heard the laughter. And everyone went to sleep peacefully, unknowing of the brewing war.