xii. second task: the black lake's merpeople residence; pt.1:the treasures

Previously,

They pulled away from each other, blushing and panting, silently thanking the Mistress of Death for their little magical moment.

+x+

Its been about a month since the ball. No, Neville Longbottom did not die, fortunately. During the time before the second task, Mors had helped Iris significantly. With a little help with Death and Fate magic, they created a new spell. A spell that would help Iris pull off some Percy Jackson type of things. The spell had many uses. It made her look like she was the daughter of Poseidon in someway.

The morning of the second task was a bit hectic. Iris was in the ship's bathroom, continuously practicing the spell. The spell took a lot of power and her's was draining fast. Faster than usual. Mors appeared from the shadows.

"You need to stop using the spell. You're going to be fine," he says in a calm voice.

She stops for a moment but then continues to use the spell. The soul taker sighs. Using his magic, he slowly reels her away from the tub and takes her wand away.

"You. Need. To. Stop. Or. You'll. Never. Use. The. Spell. When. It's. Time. To," Death demands through gritted teeth.

Iris snaps out of whatever trance she was in and faints. Death sighs and transports Grindelwald in the room.

"Narcissa is here, I believe. Can you go get her?" He asks. The 'cat' nods its head and run out of the room.

+x+

Harry had fallen asleep in the library when a house elf woke him.

"Dobby, what're you doing here? I'm supposed to be studying how to breathe underwater," the green eyes boy says groggily.

"Master Harry Potter, sir, Dobby has come to tell you the task starts in ten minutes. And to give Master Harry Potter, sir, Gillyweed!" The house elf says hurriedly.

"Ten Minutes?!" He jumps up. "Wait. How did you know I was looking for something to breathe under water for?" Harry asks suspiciously, remembering the last time the House elf tried to help him.

"Dobby hears things, sir. Dobby heard Professor Moody and Professor Potter talking about it while Dobby was cleaning. Harry Potter sir must save his friend!" Dobby exclaimed.

"Wait. My treasure is one of my friends?!" Harry exclaimed worried.

Harry thanked Dobby, taking the plant and running off. That's when he bumped into Iris, Sirius and Remus. Well, the two were helping the blonde walk.

"W-what happened to y-you?" Harry panted.

"Over used an advanced spell." Iris grumbled, a scowl appearing on her face.

"Oh come on! We just got that scowl to disappear!" Sirius pouted, Remus chuckling quietly with Iris.

That's when Iris noticed the plant in his hand.

"Don't use that. The transformation hurts like hell," Iris said.

"Uh. . . Okay. . .," Harry said, crushing it. "But what would I use. . .?" Harry asked skeptically, cursing his stupidity for crushing it.

"The spell. I'll cast it."

"But it drains your energy!" Remus protested.

"Only when over used. Like before," Iris explained to the couple.

"Alright. . . I agree to this," Harry tilted his head slightly to the left.

Suddenly, Iris and Harry's eyes went white and they fell. Remus catching his goddaughter and Sirius catching his godson. They were worried, they didn't know what was happening. Unknown to them, it was happening to three students on the docks.

+x+

"It's time for the goblet to choose who the champions would miss the most. . .," Dumbledore announced.

The surrounding staff and Headmasters gathered closely around the goblet, waiting for it to come. Suddenly it turned red. 5 pieces of parchment came out at once, Dumbledore catching them all at once. Each parchment having two-three options of students.

"Cedric Diggory's treasure. . ., Cho Chang. The Ravenclaw. Fleur Delacour's treasure, her little sister Gabrielle. Viktor Krum's, Hermione Granger," Dumbledore said, putting the three parchments aside.

"Harry Potter's treasure, D-" He abruptly stopped.

He looked at the other selections. Iris Potter, Neville Longbottom, Fred Weasley, George Weasley and Life. In that order with the top being Draco Malfoy. The old man growled quietly.

"Ronald Weasley," he announced.

"Albus. It doesn't say Mist-" The old headmaster cut the transfiguration teacher off.

"Of course it does, Minerva," He casted a silent confundus charm at her.

"Iris Krum's treasure is-"

Tom Riddle, Gellert Grindelwald, Harry Potter, Draco Malfoy and Death. His eyes widen largely. He dropped back onto his seat, the twinkle leaving his eyes.

Severus Snape walked over and took the parchment. Amusement clearly in his eyes but a scowl still present on his face. Though he was inwardly smirking, chuckling a bit at this.

"It appears to be Draco Malfoy," he drawled out.

Stuffing the parchment into his pocket, wondering how she would miss his lord that she never met.

"Albus are you alright?" Flitwick asked.

"I want her out of my school. . . But rather dead to be safe," he muttered to himself angrily.

"What was that?" Severus drawled coldly ― more than usual ― , having to have heard him. In an instant, it was like he — Albus Dumbledore, the greatest wizard alive — was obliviated of Iris and Harry's treasures.

"I'm fine, I do not know what happened but I'm fine," he said in a calm voice. "Alastor, Severus, Minerva, please collect the students," he instructed with his grandfather tone.

Severus nodded stiffly and noticed a tall cloaked figure step into the shadows.