Prologue

October 31, 1981; Godric's Hollow

A blast was enough to alert James Potter that Dumbledore has arrived.

"Lily! Take the kids upstairs! He's here! I'll hold him off!" James screamed at his wife, his wand already in hand.

James ran to the living room, casting shields around him silently. "Your a fool, Dumbledore if you think I'll let you harm me or my family." James sneered when he saw his old headmaster.

Dumbledore had chuckled faintly, "Oh, James, my boy. Lord Voldemort is manipulating you. Don't-"

"I'm not 'your boy', Dumbledore. You will not speak ill of Lord Voldemort and get away with it," James narrowed his eyes, squeezing his wand tighter.

"Imperio, Obliviate."

"Vocate Dominum!"

"You follow me, Albus Dumbledore, the leader of the light, to defeat Lord Voldemort." Albus said.

+x+

Voldemort appeared in the nursery, with a crying Lily.

"You and James called for me?" Lily nodded her head.

"He's here, Dumbledore. My Lord, please help us," Lily pleaded.

"Of course."

The door was blasted open.

"PLEASE NO! NOT MY CHILDREN! NOT THEM!" Lily screamed.

"Imperio, Obliviate."

Lily screamed, waking up Harry and Iris.

"Stupefy!" Dumbledore cursed at Voldemort, sending him flying to the pale blue wall. Harry and Iris wailing for their hurt mother. "You follow me, Albus Dumbledore, the leader of the light, to defeat Lord Voldemort." Albus repeated, making Lily finally pass out.

Turning towards the children he boomed, "Avada Kedavra!"

The green light bounced off an invisible barrier, hitting Voldemort as he got up. A white light becoming bigger. Dumbledore apparated away. A piece of rubble, hitting Harry's forehead, creating a lighting bolt shape scar. Iris passing out as soon as the light disappeared.

+x+

James woke up, hearing one of his children crying.

"Lily!" James screamed, quickly getting up and dashing up the broken stairs.

He ran into the broken nursery, kneeling next to Lily. "Oh Lily. What did he do to you?" He cried, cradling her close to his chest. In the moment, he forgot about his children.

"James! The children!" Lily gasped, waking up. "Harry! Iris!" Lily cried. "James, call Dumbledore! The children are they okay?!" She gasped, breaking out into tears.

James nodded, stepping out of the destroyed room. "Oh my sweet babies!" Lily cried softly, picking up Harry.

Using her shirt, she rubbed the blood away from Harry's forehead. She cradled Harry, putting him to sleep. She walked over to Iris' crib, putting Harry down next to her and checking her pulse.