xxxii. the strange dog

It had been a hard two months since Cedric Diggory's death for Amos and Melissa Diggory. From seeing their son's body to the funeral to the condolences. It was hard. They believed Harry and Iris. How else could their son drop dead in his own accord? The creatures in the maze would've made the body more bloody and dirty.

Amos blamed himself. He shouldn't have pressured his son into the tournament. He regrets the kind of father he was towards him. Melissa blamed herself for letting her husband treat him like how he did.

On a day in August, she saw a brown dog in the area. Feeling bad for the animal, she left food out for him. Everyday the dog came to the house. Amos and Melissa left food for him everyday since. They were considering taking him in but whenever they looked for the dog, it was nowhere to be seen.

August 25, Amos went to take food for the dog and saw him waiting outside. Amos knelt down and place the food down and suddenly the dog was right in front of him. "Hey there, boy," Amos said, patting his head. Amos caught the dog's eyes. It looked too human and was it. . . crying? His eyes. . . It looked to awfully familiar to Amos. Feeling freaked out, he got up and went inside to go to work.