xxviii. a fainting dark lord

Previously,

"Surprise?" He smirked.

+x+

"Hello Tom Riddle."

Tom took a sip of his drink, raising an eyebrow.

"Didn't you hear, love?" He looked her in the eye. "It's Tom Sewlyn now. Quite a change, yes?" he responded.

Iris sat down on a nearby seat, "Not that I don't feel. . . complete now that you're here. . ., but what were you thinking? Dumbledore could find out who you really are."

Tom felt warm inside about how she cared about him. She barely even knows him but she still cares.

"He has no reason to not trust me at all," he smiled.

The blonde was about to respond but he was quicker.

"Especially since he hired me to be a teacher," Tom said, taking another sip of his drink.

"Dumbledore is a fool, puer, he trusts to easily," Mors said to the silent girl.

"You say he trusts to easily?" Iris scoffs.

"I believe he only trusts people because he puts compulsions on them," Iris nearly laughed out loud.

"Tom doesn't have any compulsions on him Iris Amelia."

"Probably smart enough to make it looked like it worked even though it didn't?" She suggested.

Mors chuckled then went silent. In the distance you could hear a cat hiss and run out of the kitchen.

Just then you could hear Lily yell, "He's just a boy!" with rebuttals coming from Harry and James.

"What the bloody hell are they on about?" Iris asked more to herself.

"Probably how Harry wants to fight and they're probably showing him a newspaper," Mors appeared from the shadows.

Tom flinched at the new voice, stood up and brung out his disguised wand. Tom did not recognized the man.

'Tom and Cedric must've been oblivitaed than. . .,' Iris thought to herself.

"Grindey is telling you isn't he?" Iris asked not looking at the Asian 'man'. He chuckled, a smirk appearing on his face. (A/N: Let's just pretend word like this are a different language.)

"I'm going to intimidate him," Mors said in a language Tom doesn't understand.

"Don't do it please," Iris turned to him begging, panic spreading across her face.

"I'm bored and you always ruin my fun," Mors sighed before making Grindelwald appear.

"Oh Gods. . . What was your reason for bringing grandfather appear?" Iris asked, hoping he wasn't going to say what she thought he was.

Her hopes were given up rather quickly when Mors snapped his fingers and Grindelwald turned into his human form.

Tom was looking at the two, wand still pointed towards the Asian 'man'. Tom seemed to be unsettled with the way Iris was talking to him casually, like she knew he was there when he couldn't sense it. He will admit, seeing the cat there for no reason made him curious.

'What the hell is going on and why does Iris look so panicked and done with the man?' Tom thought, examining the hazel-eyed girl. He flinched and fell at who he saw the cat was. He came up like a spring, eyes widened.

"You guys are so dumb," Iris muttered, sighing and leaving the room.

"Isn't Grindelwald. . . dead. . .?" Tom stumbled on his words.

"Listen here, boy," Grindelwald started. "You may be the new Dark Lord, but remember, if you do something that hurts my granddaughter I won't hesitate to torture you," Grindelwald threatened.

"I would like to add that Iris has some really powerful friends and allies that you could never dream of having, so you better treat her better than you treat yourself," Death added, his face changing into his skeletal form for a second.

Tom stood white, scared out of his wits. Then he fainted.

"Oh, look! He fainted Morsie!"

"I will quite literally end you, Gellert."

+x+

Iris walked up the stairs timidly. She was quite reluctant to leave Tom there with her two parent figures but she didn't want to see them mess with him. It was traumatizing to watch them do it to the Krum's and she wondered what they did with them after the whole situation.

Just as she reached her room, she jumped at seeing the twins just appear.

"I swear you'll kill all of us with that," she muttered, closing her door.

The door opened once again but rather roughly. Harry James Potter was pissed. He walked in, slamming the door, making the room shake a bit.

The door opened once again and the three Marauders walked in.

"Okay, just come in, not like I was gonna go to sleep," Iris mumbled with an eye roll.

She was happy that door did not open once more for the rest of the night.

"What's got your wand in knot, Hades?" Iris asked her twin.

"~Dumbledore, the Prophet,~" he hissed to her.

The occupants who don't understand Parseltongue shivered at the cold hisses.

"What did he do now? And why is a newspaper involved in this?" Iris sighed.

Picking up on the context, Remus handed her the Daily Prophet.

"The Boy & Girl Who Lies"

"So, let me get this straight. . ." Iris said looking at the title.

"Dumbledore has been saying false rumors besides what we said when we got back?" Iris asked, confusing the group.

"Could you repeat that pup?" Sirius asked.

Iris sighed, "Besides what Harry and I said when we came back with 'Cedric,' he's come up with more stuff?" The group nodded. "Unbelievable," she scoffed.

"But it is believable," Harry responded, sounding much calmer and more sarcastic.

Iris glared at him but they ended up in fits of laughter, causing James to smile like Christmas came early.

"Alright, off to bed you two," Remus ordered when he casted a tempus. "We're going to Diagon Alley tomorrow."

Puer- Latin for child