iii. the weasley twins' revenge

Previously,

"Oh but of course they're lying!"

+x+

"Oh but of course they're lying!" Madam Maxine walks in.

"The hell they are. The goblet of fire is an exceptionally powerful magical object, only an exceptionally powerful conjurer could have hoodwinked it. Magic way beyond the talents of a fourth year," Moody explained.

"You seem to have given this a fair bit of thought Mad-Eye," Professor Karkaroff says suspiciously.

"It was once my job to think as dark wizards do Karkaroff perhaps you remember?" Moody glares, his magical eye shifting to Iris.

"That doesn't help Alastor. Leave this to you Barty," Dumbledore says. Everyones eye shift Barty.

"The rules are absolute, the goblet of fire constitutes a binding magical contract. Mister Potter and Miss Krum have no choice, they're, as of tonight . . . tri-wizards champions," Barty states. Iris shudders at the thought.

Viktor places his hand on her shoulder to help calm her down. Iris' grandfather, in his cat form appears out of nowhere, startling her but she quickly pick him up. Iris notice Dumbledore eye her 'cat', looking like he's getting lost in memories. 

"Well, I believe he defiantly had something to do with this," he says through the mind link.

"I think you're right, grandpa. That twinkle in his eyes looks too bright. It's sort of freighting, might I dare add," Iris responds shuddering without anyone noticing. He chuckles through the mind link.

"Now I think its time to let the champions to bed," Dumbledore says, startling Iris just a bit. Lily tries to protest but is quickly shut down and they all leave.

"Miss Krum. Lets have a talk," Lily says too sweetly for Iris' liking.

"I honestly can't believe this is your so called mother. The sweetness in her voice sounds. . .," Grindelwald shudders.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Potter. I'll be heading with my brother to the Slytherin Common Room now," Iris says a bit coldly.

"You guys are supposed to be staying on your ship!"

"We got permission from Uncle Sev- I mean Professor Snape and Professor Karkaroff," Iris responds. "If that's all Mrs. Potter, I really need to be on my way," Iris told her, quickly heading off to the dungeons before Lily could say anything.

+x+

The next morning, the Weasley twins noticed all the glares the Potter twins were getting. With a look of an eye, they already had an idea for the Slytherins and the Durmstrang students.

By the time dinner rolled around, all the Slytherins, Durmstrang and few select Hogwarts ― and a bit of Beauxbatons ― students were sprouting sentences that didn't make sense, turned the color they most hated―which was a lot of red― and somehow were speaking broken English.

This "little" prank for sure brightened Harry and Iris' mood but the red head twins did get two months worth's of detention along with a howler from Molly Weasley.

"How did they manage to do that? It was bloody brilliant!" Grindelwald praised through the mind link. Iris snickered at the elder's praising and somehow managed to bump into the mischievous twins. 

"Good," Fred.

"Evening," George.

"Miss Krum," they finished in sync.

"Good evening, Weasley twins, was it?" They nodded. "Awesome prank by the way. It made my sour mood go away right away," Iris said with a wink.

"Why," George.

"Thank you," Fred.

"But that," George.

"Was just," Fred.

"The beginning," they said with a wink. Iris snickered.

"I'll be sure to look out for it. See ya around," Iris smiled and continued on her way.