xxi. cedric diggory: the memorial, the choice

Previously,

"So, what do you say?" Mors asked. "If you do not agree, may I add, you won't live as you know too much."

+x+

"I- er-" Cedric mustered out.

"We don't have all night Mister Diggory," Mors hissed. "That meddling old goat is expecting two traumatized teens to show up any minute now," Mors sighed.

"I suppose, but there are so many gaps, too little information and I have so many questions," Cedric said.

"Which will all be explained Mister Diggory," Vita smiled sadly.

"And Brother, no need to be so harsh. I don't know how you deal with him all day, love," Vita said, turning to Iris at the last statement.

Iris shrugged in response, whole Death huffed like a child.

"Wait. . . Iris referred to him as Mort earlier, which is French for Death. . . Just who are you. . . ?" Sirius trialed off.

"I am Death, obviously," drawled Mors bored.

"What're you doing associating yourself with Death, Iris? As far as I-we know, you don't have any of the Deathly Hallows," Tom spoke up finally.

Harry, Iris, Mors and Vita snorted at this.

"You don't need the Hallows to be the Master of Death, just like how I don't need anything to be the Master of Life," Harry stated.

In truth, Harry didn't necessarily know if Iris was the Mistress of Death, rather assuming she is. The clues are there and one who is a Master or Mistress of a celestial being can figure it out if they really pay attention.

"Is it sad that I'm not surprised that he's the Master of Life? Why else would he (Vita) be extra careful or whatever with me?" Iris asked Death through the mind link.

Death chuckled out loud.

"It perhaps, could've been because of me. Did you ever think about that?" Mors responded.

"Vita doesn't really like you much, so no," came the cheekily reply of Iris.

"Well you are right, brat," Mors huffed out loud.

Iris chuckled and turned to Cedric to get a clear answer.

"Mister Diggory?" Vita asked, though both Celestials already knew the answer.

"I accept. . . Just one question though," Cedric rubbed the back of his head awkwardly.

Mors raised a brow.

"Does this mean I have to-to become a. . . Death Eater. . . ?" Cedric muttered the last part but everyone heard.

"No. But I suppose you could join my Queen's ranks if she ever has any," Tom answered, his crimson eyes darkening, looking at Iris.

Iris shuddered at his tone, making Harry hold her tighter, glaring his emerald green eyes at Tom. Tom suppressed the urge to smirk.