xiv. cedric diggory

Previously,

Apparating to Tom in the Hogwarts wards — something he shouldn't be able to do.

+x+

Remus landed in Riddle Manor, startling a not-so-soulless Peter Pettigrew.

"E-expelliarmus!" Pettigrew cried.

Remus easily deflected it, sending his ex-friend flying back, knocking him out cold.

"What was so urgent that you needed to come here, Remus?" A cold voice rang out into the still Manor.

"Spelled. I had a feeling before but- but it was so powerful, I thought they would never break out of it. But to-today he did. When she went to save H-Harry, he did. . . I finally get to h-have one of my best friends back," the Werewolf broke down crying.

"What. . . What of Lily?" The tired voice rang out.

"Outraged. As usual when it came to Iris saving him. The old coot as well," Remus cleared his throat. "Sorry I broke down like that. I just hope he doesn't go back into that trance — Should it be called that? — Dumbledore put him in."

"It's alright Remus. It might've been a trigger that made him question things. For all we know, he could be back into the trance — as you call it — right now."

+x+

'Why can't I control anything? Every time I try to say something about this spell to Lily, I just. . . can't. What spell is this?' James thought to himself while wondering the corridors looking for Sirius and Remus.

"Sirius, where's Remus?" James heard a female voice ask.

"I dunno, pup. He must've heard something. I really don't know. He disappareated in the Hogwarts wards and I haven't a clue where he went," James heard Sirius reply.

'Only the heirs/lord and headmaster can do that, so how did he do that?' James thought to himself, hiding behind a wall where he could see and hear them perfectly.

"Krum! Karkaoff needs you on the ship!" James heard someone yell.

"I'll see you three later. Give Remus my greetings and such," the blonde said and walked away.

"See you at the third task, Prongslet," Sirius said, ruffling Harry's already untamed hair.

"Mhm, goodbye Sirius," Harry responded, trying to flatten his hair.

With a chuckle Lord Black walked away. James must've made a noise because Sirius had found him and was glaring at him. A very harsh glare.

+x+

Iris was exploring the Hogwarts castle once again, singing to herself in French. She would get an occasional greeting — which she greeted back — and sneers — from Gryffindors but didn't pay any mind to it.

"Hey Iris!" Iris stopped and turned around.

"Oh hello Cedric. How are you?" She greeted softly to the Hufflepuff.

As a Potter, she was oblivious to the small blush that graced his face.

"Oh er, I'm great. Anyways, I-er I mean us Champions are having a da- get together at Hogsmeade. . . Er. . . Do you want to go with. . . me? Maybe go to The Three Broomsticks or something after it's done?" Cedric stuttered.

"Why not," she smiled, oblivious to the fact he asked her on a date.

+x+

The five champions were around Honeydukes trying to decide where to go.

"Vat iv ve vent to The Vree Broomsticks?" Fleur asked.

"Why not just go to Zonkos?" Cedric suggested.

"What is a Zonkos?" Viktor asked.

"It's a joke shop," Harry and Iris replied in sync.

Fleur and Cedric looked at the two a little freaked out, while Viktor looked at them with a knowing look.

After being with each other for an hour, Cedric was able to get Iris and him away from the group hangout. Obviously Harry and Viktor were being overprotective but let them go. Since they never went to get butterbeer, Cedric decided it was best to go there.

"So how are you and Cho doing?" Iris asked politely, sipping on her butterbeer.

"Oh, er. . . We broke up. . .," he trailed off awkwardly.

"Oh no! I'm so sorry!"

"'S alright. We have an on and off relationship," Cedric sighed. "So, is there something going on between you and Malfoy?" He asked.

"Merlin no! He's my godbrother and he fancies — as you guys say — someone else," Iris quickly shuts down.

More into their conversations, a cat and dog come strutting over. Cedric look confused and Iris was quietly groaning. She was quietly blaming Mors — when in fact it was Harry — for telling them about them being together.

Sighing, she excused herself, telling him she might possibly not come back. He was disappointed but that disappointment soon turned back into confusion when she walked out with the two 'animals' following after her.

He sat in the booth thinking. Maybe he would try to befriend her instead of trying to hit on her. For some reason — probably because she is an international quidditch player — he completely forgot that she isn't 17. She's fourteen. Yet at times — at least from what he's seen — she's was incredibly mature for her age.

'Maybe I'll befriend her. I'll go for her when she's older; much, much older,' he thought time himself before Cho sat down, slipping him a love potion without him knowing.