xxxvi. detention

Previously,

"All of you detention, for a week. With me."

+x+

The six teenagers just stood there blinking. How the hell were they caught? It's two in the morning, for Merlin's sakes!

"If we wanted to disappear, now would be a good time to do it," Manuel whispered, earning stifled snorts from the Weasley Twins.

"It's two in the morning and I would like to know why there are six students walking up and about around the school," Tom said calmly.

The six Celestial Masters flinched at his calm tone.

They stayed silent and Tom's eyes flashed red with impatientness; something Manuel thought was off.

"Nothing? Two weeks for being out past curfew," Tom sighed in annoyance.

Tom walked away and the six scurried off to their respective dorms.

+x+

Tom sat in his classroom, grading papers. The door opened and the six teens and Umbridge came in.

"You didn't tell me you gave detentions, Tom," she said, offended.

He ignored her.

"I'll take these three off your hands," Umbridge declared, pointing at Harry, Iris and Manuel.

He looked up and shook his head, "No."

"I insist," she pestered.

Tom clenched his jaw in annoyance. Knowing she wasn't going to leave him alone until he agreed.

"Fine," he responded.

"Something isn't right about this," Fred whispered to George.

"Right you are my dear brother. Right you are. . ." George trailed off, his eyes shifting to Luna.

She only looked sorrow.

+x+

The three sat in the overly pink office. The walls were filled with plates that had cats on it. They were all moving and meowing, watching the three. A piece of parchment was placed in front of them.

"You will be writing lines tonight," Umbridge instructed. Harry flinched unnoticeably.

"Mister Potter you know what to write," she said, handing him a quill. "You two will write, 'I must not stay out after curfew,'" she instructed, handing them the quills.

"We don't have any ink," Iris pointed out.

"You won't be needing any," Umbridge smiled sweetly. The two sighed.

Harry winced quietly. Iris looked over at him and Umbridge's smile widened. Harry looked at her with a hard glance and shook his head.

"How many times," Manuel asked.

"As many as it takes to sink in," she replied, an evil glint present in her eyes.

The two started writing. Manuel was quick to notice the color of the ink but brushed it off. The two started wincing quietly but continued writing.

They both stopped when they heard Harry drop his quill. They looked up and saw Harry's hand covered in blood.

Immediately, they both dropped the quills and looked at their hands.

"Is something wrong?" Umbridge asked.

"Nothing," the twins replied.

"This is illegal," Manuel answered.

"I beg your pardon?"

Manuel didn't reply and grabbed his stuff, dragging the twins out of her office.

"I did not say you could leave!" Umbridge yelled but Manuel didn't listen.

"Detention will be worse next time," Harry mumbled but let the boy drag him away.

"Detention for another week!" They heard Umbridge screech.