xxix. the hogwarts express

Harry's trial was a success. Iris was happy that he wasn't expelled. It was the only time the Dark was happy with Dumbledore.

The Weasley Clan, Hermione Granger, The Potter family and the Lupin-Black-Potter family arrived at Platform 9 3/4 with no problems.

Though the muggles did find it odd to see the large family at Kings Cross. As soon as they were at Platform 9 3/4, Sirius dragged his husband and daughter over to the Malfoy family.

"Long time no see, Dragon," Iris said cheekily.

"I didn't miss you at all," he rolled his eyes, pulling her into a hug.

"Draco!" hissed Narcissa, hitting his arm. "Hello Rissy dear," she pulled Iris in for a hug.

"I apologize for Draco, he's been like this since you guys arrived at Grimmauld. He's worried about his boyfriend," she teased.

"Mum! He's not my boyfriend!" Draco shouted in protest, earning a few looks from the surrounding people.

"Hello Uncle Lucy," Iris greeted.

"How many times have I said not to call me that," Lucius responded with a static face, glaring at people who looked at the group for too long.

"All the time," she smiled.

"It's probably best if we get on the train now. Let's go Dragon," she said, waving to the group.

From afar, James was watching the exchange with a huge smile on his face, especially when she discreetly waved goodbye to him.

+x+

Instead of sitting with Draco like planned, Iris decided to explore the train, meet new people. She stumbled across a boy. He was sitting alone, gazing out the window.

For an unknown reason, Iris wanted to touch his curly brown hair. As if he felt someone staring at him, he turned to the door. Their eyes connected. The brown and hazel eyes, looking through their souls. Iris opened the door.

"Can I sit with you?" She asked.

He merely nodded and turned his head back to the window.

It was silent for a few moments; an awkward silence.

"I should introduce myself," mumbled Iris. "I'm Iris Potter-Black-Lupin. . ., woah I should really shorten that," she stated awkwardly.

He looked over and chuckled.

"Scamander. Manuel Scamander," he introduced.

"Scamander. . . Like Newt Scamander?" The blonde questioned.

"Yeah. . . he's my grandfather," he answered.

"Thats ni-" Iris was interrupted by the compartment door opening.

"Who are you two?" Questioned Cho Chang.

It seems she doesn't remember Iris from the pervious year.

"Two students," Manuel answered, slightly flicking his wrist to push her out and close the door. She stomped off angrily.

"You're a new student too?" He turned to Iris. She nodded.

They sat in silence for a minute.

"Anything from the trolley, dears?" The compartment door opened.

"I'm fine," Iris answered.

"A cauldron cake please," Manuel answered, taking some galleons out.

"Four Galleons. Here you go, deary. Have a good day," she said before walking off.

Manuel stood at the open door for a moment and looked at Harry Potter before walking back in.

"What house do you want to be in?" He asked.

"Honestly? Anything is fine. My dads reckon I'll be in Slytherin," she answered, her Bulgarian accent thick. "You?"

"Ravenclaw seems to be the best option out of all of them," Manuel states. "You know, you're awfully familiar. Have I seen you somewhere?" The brown-eyed boy pointed out.

"Quidditch. The ex-Bulgarian Chaser," she shrugged.

"Iris Krum?"

"Not anymore, but I don't want to get into that," she muttered, tears welling in her eyes.

Manuel changed the topic and they joked around.

+x+

They were almost as Hogwarts when someone knocked on the compartment door and opened it. It was Draco with two unknown Slytherins.

"There you are. You should get dressed in your robes, we'll be at Hogwarts soon," he instructed, not batting an eye at Manuel.

"I was worried about you, flower. You just disappeared and I should've gone looking for you," Draco rambled.

Manuel quirked an eyebrow at Iris.

"Draco! I'm fine, no need to worry about me. Just go do your prefect duties," Iris whined.

"But-" Draco tried to protest.

"Draco Lucius," Iris hissed, almost slipping into Pareseltongue. He finally left.

"Boyfriend?" Manuel wiggled his eyebrows teasingly.

Iris snorted, "Overprotective godbrother. Plus he's saved for my brother."

Iris grabbed her robes and left the compartment to change. Once Iris was in the compartment again, Manuel had a mischievous grin on his face.

"Ready for an adventure?"