Chapter Fourty Nine.

We run into the hospital dodging paparazzi as we do. My heart is beating out of my chest as we run down the hall. I knew something was wrong when he left. I knew that goodbye sounded far too final but I was so selfish and thinking only about myself. What would happen to me. What would happen to my future. And in return what became of it? Niall in the hospital for attempted suicide because of me..

"HARRY! ASHANTI!" Liam yells when we finally find them on in the emergency ward. We rush over to the group and the entire One Direction marketing team. "Jesus, what happened?" Harry asks sounding far more concerned about the guy who he recently kicked the shit out of. Fucking hypocrite my sub conscious says. "Julian went in his room to ask him to put down a track for the new album but when he went in he found Niall on the floor bleeding from his wrist." I gasp loudly and grip onto Harry's arm. Harry turns to face him and while he may seemed concerned, the look in his eyes tell me that nothing has changed. I am still not allowed to care for Niall. Holding my emotions in, I nod and look back at Liam.

"Damn." Harry says shoving his hands in his teachcoat. "Is he OK?"

"The doctor said he'll be fine. He has been asking to see, Ashanti." Louis says nudging his head towards me. Suddenly all eyes are on me as I look side to side from concerning eyes. Looking up at Harry I shrug. Harry excuses us and we step to the side.

"What do I do?"

Harry huffs and runs his hand over his face and curses under his breathe. "Go. Go see him."

"Are you sure?" I said surprised by his sudden change of heart. Harry nods and clench his fist so tightly that his knuckles turn white.

"Yeah, I know you can't fuck him while he is incapacitated."

I roll my eyes as his statement but he doesn't notice and continues to talk "Besides, I have to break the news to the guys about leaving the group."

"You're still going to leave? Don't you think breaking the news right now, isn't exactly the best time? While your friend-"

Harry grabs my wrist and squeezes so hard I whince out in agony, "He's not my friend. " growls Harry. A hospital guard walks past making Harry release my wrist quickly. Snatching my wrist back, I rub it and walk away with Harry eyes following me. Walking over to the guys I ask them to take me to Niall.

Zayn volunteers to take me. We walk in silence to Niall's room. We come to a stop as we reach his room. I stare at his door, afraid of what I may find lurking behind it. "I don't know what happened between you too...but its breaking his heart, Shanti." Zayn says. I look at him and find him staring at the door and not me. I open my mouth to speak but Zayn continues on. "I know he loves you. I don't know if him fighting his feelings for you drove him to it. Or if it was your engagement. But whatever it is, Shanti, only you can fix this. I don't want to lose my friend over whatever.... This is."

"I don't want to lose him either, Zayn. But..this is far more complicated than you could ever know or understand." I tell Zayn. Zayn raises his hand and waves me off.

"Then uncomplicate it. Before you kill him. One day, Niall might not be so goddamn lucky to have Julian find him. Fix it. Or go the fuck away before you destroy him." Zayn says backing away and leaving me alone. He's right you know, you are destroying him. I know I am. I know I am. So what do I do? What can I do? For the first time ever, I don't know.

"Jesus." I sigh deeply and turn to look down the hall and see the guys staring back at me. Watching me. Taking in a few deep breaths I ready myself and enter the room.

Upon entering I see Niall laying in the bed with bandages on his wrist. He has his head laying on his pillow looking away from the door. As the door closes with a click, he turns my way and perks up. "Shi. You came."

I try to remain strong but my will is shattered. It crumbled the second I heard he was in the hospital. I start crying harder than I ever have.

"Come here, Shi." Niall says holding his hand out. I walk towards his bedside and climb on the bed and lay in his arms. I wrap my arms around him as I cry. "Why?" I ask repeatedly in between my sobs.

"I told you. I can't live without you. I won't live without you. I know you don't want to lose your babies, I know the pain its causing you. But I can't shake you, I can't just stop unloving you. I wont, don't ask me too."

"But Niall."

"I'll wait years to be with you. Its pain not having you in my arms or just with me, Shi. I don't care what you have to do, what i have to do to be with you. But ill do it, just to be with you. We'll be more careful, more discreet. I'll make sure you won't lose your babies. Just..stay with me. I promise, we'll be more careful.. What do you say?"