Chapter Two

"Alright, I did the deed where's my squares?" Niall asks. I open the Tupperware and the steam and scent of sugar and lemon fills the backseat. Niall inhales deeply and his eyes roll back into his head. "Oh man, Shi. You never disappoint me" He reaches into the container and even though the squares are still hot Niall doesn't whinces as he grabs one and stuffs his face. Sinking down into the seat he moans and slides off the seat and onto the floor. I giggle at his overreaction to my baking. He does this all the time with everything that I cook. All the guys do, Louis loves my Cheddar biscuit chili, Liam loves my pot roast, Zayn is a sucker for my TBone steak and potatoes and Harry adores my pasta. Sarah, their personal chef loves that when I cook she gets a day off. Being from the south all women know a way to a mans heart is always through his stomach. Its how you find and keep your man. "Ni, get off the floor," I laugh "Do we have to do this every time I cook for you?"

Niall picks himself off the floor and sits back in his seat. "Yeah we do. Because these are my favorites and you know that. You are a better baker than Harry, I swear."

"Whoa there, pal. Don't let Harry hear you say that." I said shutting the container and handing it to him. I sit back and cross my legs while Niall opens it up. He takes his thumb and sucks on the tip of it and reaches back into it and breaks off a small piece and eats it. "Oh I've said it to him before."

"Ooh. And how did that end?"

"With my face in a carpet and rug burns on my cheek. But I got my point across." He said snapping the top close. I shake my head and wave my finger.

"Oh no. I'm going to have to kick his ass aren't I? No one messes with my Ni."

"Thanks Shi." Niall is the only one to call me Shi. When Harry and I begun dating I was very quiet and shy so he started calling me Shy and I called him Ni since it rhymed and because I could never get his name right. Harry tried to call me Shi but it didn't work. That name is strictly prohibited for Niall and Niall only. "Did you bring it?"

"Bring what?"

"Shi." He said cocking his head to the said. I did the same head movement and said "Ni?" Niall looks at me unamused and I share the same look at him. We continue to stare at each other for a whole thrity seconds before breaking out in laughter. I loved Niall's laugh like no ones business. It was the best sound I ever heard. I reach inside my purse and pull out a box and hand it too him. Niall opens it and he looks at me with a look of pure joy "Oh Shi." He says pulling out a necklace with a shamrock on it with 'Ni+Shi Best Mates' engraved in the middle. "Shi this is so sick." He says slipping it over his neck.

"Yeah? Thank you. Last time we talked you were so upset with missing Ireland so I thought you'd love this."

"I love it. Thank you, Ashanti. Your such a great friend to me. I don't deserve you sometimes."

I blush and nervously look down and tug my hair behind my ear. Niall grabs my hand and tugs at it. I look over at him and see his blue eyes light up as the connect with my hazel eyes and for the first time I feel like I really see him. Not saying that I never seen him before because obviously I have but this time it was as if I really saw him... Differently. I clear my throat and remember I had another gift for him. I take my hand back and pull out the other gift. It was a Irish woven flag bracelet.

"I made this for you too."

"Oh man, squares, necklace and a bracelet? I swear, if you weren't --" Niall stops mid sentence and shakes it off "Thanks Shi." He struggles to put it on as his hands shake. I ask if he needs help but he brushes me off "I got it, Ashanti. I can put on a damn bracelet." He snaps

"Whoa, OK. I'm sorry. I was just offering to help you."

"I don't need your help. I got it, I'm a big boy." After Niall manages to get the bracelet on he sits back and scoots away from me. For the reminder of the drive to the hotel Niall remains quiet with not a glance my way.