Q and A

Hello, there 😊❤️

QUESTION AND ANSWER:

So, I got your questions and I'm answering them. If they're some that were sent through dm that I didn't get to, I'm do sorry. I went MIA for two weeks, so all the messages that came in that period have been lost track of. You can dm me again personally, so we can talk. I may not respond right away (I'm a lazy mf), but I promise, I definitely will respond ❤️

1) Question; How do you craft an engaging novel like TLT?

Well, to be honest with you, I don't sit down and say to myself "I want to write a book, what will it be about?" and then go right ahead to brainstorm for ideas and crack my head to come up with something.

Usually, ideas literally hit me. Like a truck. It just comes like 'boom' and I'm like "Oh my God, I have to put this down before I forget it". That doesn't mean the entire book crashes into my mind, no, it's actually bits and pieces that come to me at that initial stage where the inspiration just hits. It comes from anywhere, anything, even people inspire me sometimes. Situations inspire me. It comes from basically anything, it could even be a cup, lol.

But people are different. This is me, and how I get my inspiration may be different from how other writers do. The main work is working on those bits and pieces that inspire you, and developing the scattered plot in your head into something original. For me, I always have a notepad and a pen where I write down what comes to my head.

2) When did this story idea come up?

Well, sometime around April or May, I think.

3)Did you ever run out of ideas at a point?

Run out of ideas? Actually, no.

I never starts books if I havn't summarised the basics. That's where my pen and book comes into action, I always note down the basic scenes, dialogues, and happenings in the book. I mean, I don't know what and what will be in every single chapter. As time goes, ideas may change, plot may twist up a bit, and new ideas jeep popping in. As much as I include all these new ideas, and fit it into the plot, I always keep a major summary of the book in my head, gathering basic stuff that will happen in the book, from the beginning of the book, the middle,and to the end.

For example, in TLT, before I had written the chapters, this was what it looked like in my head,

Beginning of the book = Giwa being a bitch to everyone and ber classmates, Giwa being Queen, everyone scared of Giwa, Giwa gets angry with friend, Giwa storms out of party, Giwa having constant fights with Yure, Yure cheating on Kris, introduction of other characters and their lives, Giwa has problem with a particular class, Giwandor starting.

Middle of the book; Giwandor progressing, Giwa messing things up, Fights and misunderstandings. Giwa regret and downfall, Yure in dipshit, friendship and relationships on the line.

Ending of the book: Hassana's death, resolving all issues, nostalgic end (prom and graduation)

So, basically, you see, in a nutshell, the entire book is already in my head, but in a summary. It's up to me to scatter them around, create more detailed plot and settings around the ideas, expatiate on them, and make the whole thing look organised and proffessional.

So, again to answer your question - No, I never ran out of ideas while writing TLT, because I had the entire plot summary and key points in my head, as well as written down in a book.

4) Question; Is Ivandor a Nigerian Name?

No😂

I actually made it up.