36°

This chapter is dedicated to  Iremiide
Y'all should check her book out!!!!   She just completed!!!        

Sooo sorry for not updating yesterday. I went out so..*sniff snifff

Alright, let's move....☺️❤️

                                        ~GIWA~

Ivandor and I ended up sitting by the tiled bank of the pool outside the party. Hugging my knees to my chest, I cuddled myself up into Ivandor's arms and rested my head on his chest as I stared into the blue pool paces infront of us.

A comfortable silence filled the air as we stayed that way, looking at the pool and saying nothing. The lights were almost dim here. Most of it were focused on the pool itself. I liked the dimness.

I could feel his heartbeat.

Being this close to him filled me up with so much happiness. It was something I just couldn't explain. It honestly felt like it was me and him against the world.

"Can I ask you something?" I looked up to him as I asked, still in his embrace. I silently hoped I wasn't crossing my boundaries by nosing into something that was not my business.

"I'm listening," he said, looking down at me and kissing my forehead softly.

I smiled , then focused my gaze back at the pool as I finally asked him, "Is Krisdana okay?"

There was no answer.

I felt his hands almost loosen its grip on me for a moment.

I was forced to let go of him as I looked up at him with a wary expression on my face.

I first noticed his jaw bone clench. Then a dark look clouded his face. I almost immediately regretted asking the question.

"I shouldn't have asked. Sorry." I blurted out.

"No, no, no. There's no problem with what you asked." His voice cut in immediately. He sighed silently - a sigh that made me think he was about opening up about something, but he never said anything. He just sighed. That was all.

"So? What's wrong with her?" I had to ask again.

He paused his lips for the count of a second. Staring into the pool, he replied with a firm, almost grudge filled voice, "I don't know."

Umm, excuse me?

Talk about attitude!

Were we now fighting or what? All I did was ask a question.

"What do you mean you don't know?" I snapped.
I didn't want to snap at him, but it just slipped. It honestly hurt that he would want to keep things from me. Especially being rude while at it. Yes, I was angry.

Immediately, his eyes moved away from the pool and landed on me. His look was firm and searching, like he was trying to read me through my eyes. And with the way his hazel eyes pierced into mine directly, I felt my brave, sassy demeanor slowly dying down.

That angered me even more.

I looked away from him immediately and turned my body the opposite direction, backing him, scowling and folding my arms as I looked into nothing particularly.

I was hurt, and what I wanted right now was to focus on that hurt. Not to sit here and let him tame me that easily.

"Giwa," I heard his voice behind me.