21°

Hey you guys!! THANKYOU FOR 4K READS!!!!!

And sorry for the late update. My exams start soon. Just decided to squeeze in time to update for you guys❤️

And shout out to LizzieNdukwe. She's my amazing ass sisters who I've finished gisting this book from beginning to end to😂❤️ And I had to log into her account to write this chapter cuz my phone is dead soooooooo if not for her..

Another shout out to Wuraola23 for her heart warming review of my book in my PM❤️ Meant so much to me and I instantly got vibes to write this chapter.

Okay, we begin..

~GIWA~

I stood in front of the mirror in my room that evening, staring at my reflection.

My full natural hair was packed in a low huge puff. This hairstyle particularly brought out my facial features in an outstanding way. Hassana insisted I took off my kinky braids, concluding it was too drab, and that I needed to look more sophisticated..?

Okay, but I felt a tad bit sleazy though... having my denim shorts were too short and my white tube top revealed just a little of my cleavage - courtesy of Hassana. Again.

Of course, I decided to wear classy kimono jacket to make myself feel more comfortable. I had on some make up on my face - a basic contour, sleek eyeliner and nude gloss, not too much make up, but just enough to look good on my first date with Ivandor Fejaun.

"Giwa, you've been staring at yourself in the mirror for ages. You look perfect," Hassana's voice came behind me.

I turned away from the mirror to face Hassana, who sat on my bed wearing her bright yellow nightgown, with Prissy by her side, rocking some blue pyjamas.

"You possibly cannot look better than this," Prissy seconded, assuring me with a look of approval on her face. Hassana nodded like it was a fact.

"Thanks.." I managed to say. A shy smile appeared on my face.

This date made me nervous and wierdly self conscious for some reason. And this had NEVER happened before. I never cared so much about how I looked before, and for the first time ever, a boy has showed interest in me.... It was really a lot to take in.

"Where did you say the date was again?" Prissy asked.

"Gomery." I replied, as I arranged my edges again in front of the mirror for the hundredth time that evening.

"Isn't that place like a bowling alley or something?" Prissy asked with furrowed brows that hinted confusion.

"It's a bowling alley and a diner." I educated her.

She went "ohhh", and Hassana just sat there clueless. I couldn't really blame her, she had no interest in any thing the least bit sporty, unlike Prissy did.

"I'm so happy for you nonetheless," Hassana started, before fake scowling and adding,"even if you're missing our girls night, atleast it's for a good cause."

The girls and I laughed.

"So, Giwa, this time we're going to be the ones scolding both you and Shade!" Hassana continued, assuring me afterward that she was just joking.

Oh right, Shade missed girls night too. I should be getting used to her absence anyways.

"Let's get you going!" Hassana squealed excitedly, and both girls rushed up to me to escort me out of my room.