72°

Yoo!! I'm backkkkkk🤗❤️❤️❤️

Sorry for the wait, enjoy this chap, loves!!❤️❤️

Song for this chapter is "Stand up" by Cynthia Erivo. Why? Because, even if it has no correlation to the chapter, I love the voice of the lady who sang it.

Shocker; I stalked her and found out that she was Nigerian. An Igbo woman for that matter. I was so proud!!!!! (Well, cause I'm igbo oo, soooo🤗❤️)

Media to the song above, listen if you want to be blown away by a nigerian lady's voice🤗❤️

~GIWA~

I just couldn't think straight after what Miranda told me. All through out my classes that day, I was not myself at all.

To be honest, I felt angry and humiliated, and all I thought about was how to get revenge on Kaniru and those idiots who wanted to murder me.

But then...

After all my days of councilling with Mrs. Tibi, one thing from our sessions kept ringing in my head over and over again.

"Never let your anger bring out the worst of you. Never."

"Learn to always manipulate your emotions. Control them, don't let them control you."

"The most powerful people are those ones that have absolute power over their emotions. In the real sense of things, they control their situations and also, sometimes, even indirectly even control other people."

I stayed calm.

I stayed calm.

I stayed calm.

Control, Giwa. Control.

"When it seems hard to fight anger, breathe. Breathe. Breathe. Count from one to ten, then start all over again."

I fought myself involuntarily counting from one to infinity through out the last period before break that day. Eyes were ahut all the way and for a moment, I had shut myself out of reality.

Right until_

The class got rowdy and noisey as hell as the loud bell for Break was rang, adruptly snapping me out of my realm and back to this sick earth.

I immediately began putting all my text books and notebooks in my back pack, only to get distracted when someone nudged my arm.

"You okay?" Nova asked beside me, brown eyes full of genuine concern as he looked at me.

I even forgot he was sitting there by me at the moment...well, since Shade wasn't in school.

"I'm fine." I told him, sounding more dismissive than I intended to.

He only laughed a little, clearly not buying it.

"Well, I don't mean to not mind my business right now, but you were talking to yourself through out the last period." He said.