49°

Let me start by saying I cannot believe this book has 40k reads. No, seriously, I feel like I'm dreaming or something..and then maybe soon, someone will wake me up and I'll realise 'Those Little Things' is actually still at 15 reads or something. No no don't laugh, I'm serious 😂😂

I just can't believe this book has gone this far. I didn't even expect much attention when I started. I mean, yeah, I was like one day it'll get out there, but starting from the day I published the first chapter of this book, the growth has been mind blowing. You guys are so supportive and lovely. Your votes, comments, they give me life!!! I love you guys scatter!!!

SHOUT OUT TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!

Song for this Chapter; All for Us by Zendaya and Labrynth......🍸🍸

                               ~IVANDOR~

"Sure, I'll be there in a minute."

That was the last thing I said before I hung the phone up on my mum that evening.

I let out all my breath in one sigh. I didn't even realise I was holding my breath the entire period I was on the phone with her.

"What's wrong?" Giwa asked me, looking up at me with concerned eyes.

She sat with me on one of the round tables in S.U Cafe, and before my mum called, this was supposed to be our personal hang out time.

"What's wrong?" She asked again, sitting up worriedly as she awaited my response.

"My mum called..," I told her.

"Is it about the job issue?" She asked me.

I shook my head to indicate 'no'. We just had a full on conversation about the job I was thinking of getting to help the family.

"What's the problem?" Giwa's anxiety was rising now.

My stomach knotted painfully as I prepared myself to answer. "She wants me to come with Sharon....so we can visit my dad in prison. She's already waiting there."

Her face dropped and slowly, her mouth formed an 'oh'. She didn't know what to say, I figured, however, I could tell her heart was breaking.

I stood up first from the seat I was on, gesturing a free hand to her. "Let's take you home."

Taking my hand, she suggested, "Let me come with you."

The way she asked it... like it was so necessary.

"You really don't have to." I told her, disagreeing to the idea.

"I want to." She insisted, and I could tell she meant it. Even if I refused, she'd press on still. With the sober look on her face, It became clear to me that this was affecting her too. My issues were also affecting her.

I didn't want that happening. This was what I tried to avoid from the beginning. The last thing I wanted was to pull Giwa into my family mess.

"Let me come with you," she sounded desperate, her eyes looking intently into mine, not even minding for a second that eyes of strangers in the cafe were turning their focus on both of us.

I had no choice. I had to let her come with. Giwa didn't waste time informing her mother and walking with me out of the Cafe.

We got into the Honda car I came here with -my mum's car- and I could tell Giwa knew it wasn't mine because of the way she looked around, probably noticing all the differences between my car and this one.