37°

Thankyou for 15k reads!!!!
I listened to Candle Light by Zhavia as I wrote this chapter soo..

~IVANDOR~

I saw a part of Giwa that night that I had never seen before.

When I looked deep into her eyes, I wasn't seeing that fire anymore. That fire that made people shiver in fear and steer clear of her.

All I saw was a scared girl. Soft. Vulnerable. Almost weak, to say.

It melted my heart.

As I watched her still, I saw love in her eyes. Love so pure, yet aggressive. Just like the love I had for her.

I loved this girl. I loved her to a fault. Her flaws and imperfections, I loved them all.

I loved how truly innocent she was inside. I loved how beautiful she was outside.

She really was beautiful.

And as I looked at her, I couldn't ask for more. I wanted only her. Only Giwa.

And when we kissed, It felt electricity. It was nothing like I ever felt before. I couldn't have enough of her. I just couldn't.

That was when my mum called. With the tone of her voice, I knew that instant that something was terribly wrong.

My guess was right.

When I got home that night from the Christmas Party, roughly around 8pm, my heaven quickly turned to hell.

I came home to the police searching the ins' and outs of my father's house, raiding the entire place in search of something.

My dad was already in cuffs and my mum looked like she was about to have a heart attack, crying and pulling out her hair.

"Why are they here?" I asked Krisdana, who stayed with me at the corridor that night to avoid being in there with my parents. She had been at home all day and purposely didn't show up for the Christmas party. Unlike me. So she should have known.

"They think your dad is involved in some illegal business." she had told me in a silent tone.

The lump in my throat hardened. After I had summoned up the courage in me, I had to ask;
"What illegal business?"

She didn't say anything for a few seconds. Then finally her mouth opened and her answer came in a faint whisper. "Drugs."

My heart dropped to my stomach and my body went numb. Neither me or Krisdana said another word to each other. The shock was too much.

Even on my little sister, Sharon.

She eventually came out of her room and with all the commotion in the house, I felt she already understood that something was wrong.

"Are they taking Daddy away?" She asked me and Krisdana.

We turned to see her at the door of her room, standing there with sober eyes and a wary expression on her face.

"No, Sharon. Nothing is happening. Go back to your room." I had told her.

"They're taking him away, aren't they?" Sharon said.

"Sharon, calm down. Nothing will happen to him, okay?" I tried to tell her.

Sharon wouldn't listen. Ofcourse, she wasn't stupid. Even if she was barely 12, she definitely understood that nothing was right. She couldn't handle it. The pressure. The anxiety. The fear.