68°

This is the last of the three updates, hope we didn't skip any❤️

This update ia dedicated to Teefabulous
Looll, I know she's surprised. Babe, you'll soon know why😂❤️

Song for the chapter is 'To be young' by Annie Marie and Doja Cat (media above ❤️)

~GIWA~

"You haven't been texting that boy again, right?"

I looked up, snapping out suddenly out of my thoughts and whipping my head over to my mum whose concentration was roughly divided between me and the road as she handled the staring wheel that afternoon.

"Hmm?" Was the only sound I made, insinuating a 'come again?'.

"Hmm!" She retorted almost immediately, sarcastically as a response to my absent-mindedness.

I chuckled lightly, shaking my head at the woman.

"You want me to repeat myself because you were lost in your thoughts, right? Abi, you want me to lose focus and have accident on this road now. Do you know the last time I drove a car?" She was saying to me, as she tightened both hands on the staring and occasionally glanced between me and the smooth road infront of her.

"Godforbid." I said, rebuking every possibility of a road accident and laughing softly at my mum's wittiness.

"Oya, what were you thinking of? Start talking!" She ordered, turning the staring all of a sudden and sharply reversing on into a new lane on the road.

God help us to not have an accident really. I asked her to just let Bolanke take me to Essence, a counseling center that my mum was adamant on having me visit. However, she aborted the idea, saying she rather be take me, claiming she needed to keep a close eye on me.

True to her words, I actually didn't regret having her with me. She made me zone out less and visiting Essence didn't turn out a bad idea. I liked how warm and calm the councillor had made me feel so far. However, this should be about the fifth day since this Tuesday and I have still found it hard to fully open up to the lady about my problems for some reason.

"Okay? I'm waiting for you to start talking anytime soon," Mum hinted, reminding me.

"I wasn't thinking of anything, really." I responded, lieing confidently.

"And that boy? When was the last time you texted him?" She inquired still.

"Thursday. The day you told me to stop. I haven't texted him since then." I told her truthfully.

"Good." She nodded, satisfied.

She suggested I needed a break from everything else, to ease my mind of all the stress.

She was right, but it was hard. I forced myself to not be idle by occupying myself with my books at all times.

I even stopped coming for classes. I showed up at school, yes. Early as a bed infact, just to stay away from all the extra attention from my classes. Staying away from morning assemblies became a norm for me the entire week too.