17°

Welcome, Again!!!😊
How are my readers doing today???😊❤️

~Giwa~

"So you guys.." I started.

My girls, Hassana, Shade, and Prissy were with me in my bedroom that evening after our Saturday lessons. We sat together on a mat on the floor, in a circle pattern.

"Who are the people we're inviting for Shade's Birthday??" I popped the question.

So, Shade was turning seventeen on the 9th of November, and it was just next month - barely two weeks from now.

"Okay, let's start with the guys.." Hassana started, squeaking excitedly as she waved her note pad and pen in the air, causing all of us to laugh.

"Speaking of the guys.." Prissy said. "Where are Aaron and Casper? Shouldn't they be here by now??"

So, yes, we called Aaron and Casper to come over to my place and help with the planning. Being as lively as they were, they were used to being called up to help with party planning in the set. Their heads always bubbled with all sorts of ideas, and that's just what we needed for Shade's party.

"They said they'd be here soon" I said. "But for now, asides Aaron and Casper, who are the guys we're inviting?

"Nova, Definitely" I heard Prissy speak up first. And all the girls seemed to agree. Obviously. I mean, everyone loved Nova.

"Right? Shade?" I heard Prissy say audibly, as she sort of gave googly eyes at Shade. That got all of us rolling in laughter, and Shade was covering her face as she laughed with us. Apparently, last Thursday, Prissy had mentioned to all of us on our girls group chat about Shade's little chemistry with Nova, and we'd teased the HELL out of her since then.

"Okay okay..Since we're inviting Nova.." Hassana said. "That means we're also inviting Yure and Ivandor?" The way her voice accented as she said Ivandor's name.

"Ahh. Obviously!" Prissy came in, with the tone in her voice screaming 'why not'.

"The three musketeers, baa?" Hassana laughed, agreeing with Prissy.

"Besides.." Shade spoke up for the first time. "The boys are really fun to be around." As she said it, it seemed to me that she was talking more from experience. It made me wonder how long she'd been with Nova and how much time she'd spent with him and his friends as well.

"Okay okay..Hassana, put down the names then. Nova, Ivandor and Yure" I said, and as I said Ivandor's name, something about it hit different for some reason. That fact both shocked and scared me at the same time.

"I'm actually shocked you said Yure's name without cringing" Hassana picked out, after scribbling on the notepad she was holding.

Indeed, I didn't. I was too focused on the strange feeling I got just by saying Ivandor's name to even regard my distaste for Yure. Wierd.

"Okay okay" Prissy said. "Also write down Daniel, Wilson,Nnaemeka,Chido, Marcus, Ayo, Jaja, Bolu..." She rapped the boys' names without warning.

"Jesus, Slow down!!" Hassana laughed immediately, shocked at the speed herself.

Suddenly, my room door was kicked open with a loud sound. Following that, my big sister, Lola, literally barged into the room with Nini. Both of them had left early in the morning to do their hairs and seeing the new looks they both had on, I was guessing they were done. Lola had on weaves, that were brown, long and silk, while my little sister, Nini, had on very long braids, that were black and ...what? ..silver at the tips?