~Giwa~

How could she?!

Shade knew very well that she was the only way we could get back home from Yure's house and she decided to dump all of us here just like that, because of a stupid photoshoot! For God sake, is she the only model in the world? She knew how to act like her career was the most important thing in the world and she was too busy to do even the littlest things for her friends. Tonight, she has to go for a photoshoot. Tommorrow, she'd say she has to go for an "exclusive" Interview. The day after that, she'd say she has to walk with the Queen of England on the red carpet. Last week, she had even ditched our girls night to hang out with Nancy Isime. Maybe, next, she'd tell us she has a date with the Hemsworth brothers on the moon.

Shade Onam was just so full of it. Just because she was a top teenage Nigerian model and happened to have 5 million stupid followers on Instagram and Twitter, she was suddenly better than everyone. I'm really getting sick of that girl. I just_

"Hey, are you okay?" I heard someone ask behind me. I was standing by one of the chocolate fountains, sipping from the glass of wine I had gotten from Prissy some minutes ago. I had stormed out of the gathering where my friends and the guys were at after Prissy told us about Shade not showing up. Neither of them - not Hassana, Prissy, Aaron, Casper, or any of the others there had the courage to walk over and say anything to me. Of course, everyone knew how I could get when I was angry and none of them were ready to taste my wrath this night.

"Hey?" I heard the voice come again. I turned back to see Nova Igwe behind me, standing with a glass of what looked like Hennessy.

I forced a smile, which was quite unlike me when I was in a bad mood.

Nova Igwe just happened to be the only guy in Castron High that I truly, completely like - as a friend. I had a soft spot for him, even if sometimes he could tick me off. Maybe, it was because of his sweet guy nature, or the fact I truly admired his mother - single mother, who raised five boys on her own, having Nova as the last of all of them. Still, even if he didn't have any sister - that didn't stop him from treating all girls around him like Queens - literally.

"Queen Giwa," he addressed me.

I told you.

"Nova, please, leave me alone," I said, laughing.

"Okay look babe. Are you actually going to tell me why you've been fuming by this fountain for the past five minutes..or are we going to stand here and pretend like everything is okay," He said , a grin plastered on his adorable light skinned face.

I playfully rolled my eyes at him and a stiffled laugh escaped my lips.

"Seriously, I'm not in the mood. And, I don't want to be rude to you, Nova," I told him.

He looked at me for a while like he was observing me - his brown eyes narrowing slightly.

Then, his next action completely shocked me. He just held me tight by my waist and raised his right hand up in the air to get the attention of everyone. I stood there, by him, shocked and confused.

"Yo, Everyone. Over here!!" He called out loud.

"Nova what are you..,"

"Yo, Everyone! Look this way!!" He called out even louder, and he sure did get the attention of every one. Before I knew what was going on, all eyes were on me and Nova.

Jesus Christ. This guy had zero chills!

"I just want to say that I think Giwa is a Queen and she looks amazing tonight. And.. I want her to put a smile on her face. And, If she's going to shout at me and tell me to leave her alone, I want her to do in front of all of you," He yelled out to everyone.