more candy bread

Tommy's POV: 

Two weeks shortly passed in Tommy's new household, and dare he say he was getting used to living like this.

His leg and back were almost fully healed, and he no longer winced when he walked around. He had made the room they gave him, his room, and he actually felt safe in a house.

When he went down for breakfast, only Wilbur sat at the table.

"Hey, Tommy! You aren't wincing in pain anymore when you walk!" Wilbur joked, passing Tommy a plate with an omelet on it.

"Yeah! I can walk now!" Tommy said excitedly.

Wilbur laughed at the boy, who was currently jumping up and down to show off his skill.

"So does that mean you'll leave?" Wilbur light-heartedly teased.

Tommy froze. 

How much of an idiot had he been? 

He told them he'd only stay till he'd heal up. Would they believe him if he lied and said his leg was injured again? That he got another concussion? Although Tommy would never admit it, he liked being in this house, with these people.

"Do you want me to leave?" Tommy asked, his mouth in a pout. He saw Wilbur frown, before pulling Tommy into his lap and wrapping him in a hug. 

Tommy didn't flinch.

"Tommy I was just kidding, we like having you here," Wilbur said, rubbing the child's back to soothe him down. Tommy felt tears prick his eyes, and soon he was full-on sobbing. They felt so nice, they reminded Tommy of the shadows. Something in the back of his mind told him they would betray him, just as the shadows did. He wiped the tears on Wilbur's shirt.

"Did you just use me as a towel?" Wilbur asked Tommy. 

Tommy laughed through the sobs, causing more tears to fall from his eyes.

"Come on kid, want me to feed you?" Wilbur asked. Tommy shook his head. 

"Wilbur I'm almo-"

"Almost thirteen, yes I knowwww" Wilbur said rolling his eyes, but there was a smile on his face.

Tommy stayed in Wilburs lap as he ate his bread, and Techno made his way downstairs.

"Woah what happened here?" Techno asked, when he saw the two.

"Sibling bonding time Techno. Duh," Wilbur said sarcastically.

"Yeah old man, you should join us!" Tommy said hopefully.

"Here, take the child," Wilbur said, carrying Tommy as if he was a toy and holding him in front of Techno.

"Hey! I'm not a toy Wilby" Tommy fussed, and both Techno and Eilbur got quiet.

"What happened?" Tommy asked worriedly.

"You called me Wilby," Wilbur said with a smile. Even Techno's heart melted at the words from the boy who at first was too afraid to even talk to them.

"I don't think I did" Tommy frowned, crossing his hands across his chest.

"I think you did," Phil said, holding up a camera. Leave it to this family to document every word spoken ever.

"When did you even come down," he asked Phil begrudgingly.

"I live in the shad-" Phil started, before catching himself. "I'm a ninja," he said, punching the air.

"You are also weird," Tommy said. "I want to eat candy bread," Tommy asked, no, ordered.

Thrown off by the boy's sudden change in topic, Wilbur blinked for a couple of seconds, before nodding. 

"Candy bread? What's that Tommy?"

"Shadow gave it to me on my birthday!" Tommy said excitedly, and the shadow appeared behind Wilbur with a smirk.

But Tommy couldn't possibly care LESS.

 Not when candy bread was involved oh no no NO!

Priorities, people.

"You mean a cake?" Wilbur asked with a grin.

"No! Candy bread!" Tommy said, upset.

Techno and Phil stifled a laugh, and Wilbur didn't even bother to hide his.

"Want me to buy candy bread?"

"Yes!" Tommy nodded quickly.

"How about we do something better? I'm sure I have all the ingredients to bake it from scratch" Phil said, making his way into the kitchen.

"Family baking time!" Wilbur said, putting Tommy down, then clapping his hands excitedly, 

"Family?" Tommy asked, looking up at Wilbur. Techno walked up to them and ruffled Tommy's hair.

"Yes. Family baking time."

Also, according to Wattpad statistics, only a small percentage of people who read my book vote on the story. So if u end up enjoying this story, consider voting, it's free and u can always unvote later enjoy the story #VotePrime

Love you all :)