the scoreboards

TW ~ Voices, Manipulation, Fire (remind me if i missed something)

Tommy's POV:

Nothing much of three months later, he and Dream sat in the dining hall eating dinner. Dream, giving Tommy half as much food as he gave himself, sat across the table, nervously fidgeting.

"What's wrong?" Tommy pouted, worried for his brother.

"Tommy! How would you like to go on a week-long trip to Earth?" Dream asked as they ate. He said it casually, but Tommy could sense the apprehension behind his words.

"Earth?" Tommy sputtered, choking on his food, before getting a glass of water. Dream panicked, but Tommy assured he was okay. He hadn't expected that. 

Was he ready to go back to Earth? 

Dream's question immediately summoned the voices, who started arguing amongst themselves.

You mean you want to go back to the place that did nothing good for you?

Think of Mrs. Puffy! Oh, Tommy can see Mrs. Puffy and her class again!

What, you want Tommy to go back to school? You've already forgotten about the kids?

Tommy can see the witch again! Magic fingers, remember?

Did you forget about the man in the bandana? The one that hates Tommy?

You don't know if he still hates you, shut up Ran.

You're being too optimistic, I'm just trying to make sure Tommy doesn't get his hopes crushed.

"Just shut up" Tommy whispered, getting a strange look from Dream.

"No- not you, sorry. Um..." Tommy asked unsurely. But Boo's optimistic voice made him accidentally say "Yes." 

It was all Dream needed to pep up.

"Yay! Okay, I had this all planned out! So we can go visit George, I know you wanted to see him, so one day we can see him, and then the next day we can see that teacher of yours that you really liked, and then, we can explore, oh this is going to be so much fun!" Dream rambled, before turning to Tommy seriously.

"We can ride horses," he squealed, causing Tommy to giggle. He'd never seen Dream this excited before. In Hell, Dream and his guards traveled on horses, but the horses here were just skeletons. Tommy had seen horses on Earth, but he'd never had ridden one that wasn't a skeleton horse.

"How do we even get a horse?" Tommy asked Dream.

"Are you an idiot? We just take our horses to the overworld and BOOM! They become non-skeletal!" Dream said excitedly, as Tommy stared at him.

"I don't think it works like that," Tommy said skeptically.

"No no child, that's how it works, you'll see," Dream said, with a look of pride on his face.

"When though?" Tommy asked, finishing his plate of food and pushing it to the side.

Dream coughed and mumbled something.

"What?"

"Tomorrow," he muttered, and Tommy looked at him in disbelief.

"Tomorrow?" Tommy shrieked, confused. That was like... tomorrow!

"Well, I had to be here for something five days from now, and I didn't want to make you wait a whole week, and horses. So is it still a yes?" Dream asked as if horses justified everything.