right?

TW ~ Hospitals, Death, Strong Language, Child Neglectance, Just The Usual Triggers

Author's POV:

Tommy watched as doctors swarmed the room to check on Tubbo, who apparently woke up way earlier than predicted.

The family was ushered to the side as the doctors checked on the small child's vitals, confused as to how he was awake so early.

He nearly died a while ago, for heaven's sake.

After the confused doctors finished all their tedious procedures, the weird doctor came up to Tommy and told him that they would give him and the family some private time with the child.

At least, as private as it could get with the two guards standing and holding Techno is shackles.  

"Tubbo?" Tommy asked unsurely, inching towards the boy in the bed. 

Phil snapped out of whatever trance Tommy's words put him in and ran to Tubbo, pushing Tommy to the side in the process.

"You're awake! How are you feeling?" Phil asked concerned. Tommy was so incredibly thrown off, both figuratively and literally judging by the fact he was shoved to the side.

Wasn't Phil bitching about Tubbo literally five seconds ago? 

Tommy didn't think his words were THAT convincing.

And apparently, Wilbur realized that too, his face scrunching in confusion, but also annoyance. Actually, it was such a wide variety of emotions, that Tommy couldn't even be sure.

Techno rolled his eyes. 

As If this happened often. 

Phil ran up to Tubbo and gave the small weak child a light hug, and Tubbo immediately flinched, before pulling away.

"What's wrong?" Phil asked, reaching for Tubbo again.

There were tears in the kid's eyes.

"Didn't you just say I deserved to die?" Tubbo asked, his voice hoarse and dry. He winced after saying what he said, the pain was intolerable.

"Don't talk, you've had a tough time big man." Tommy rushed to be at Tubbos's side, grabbing his hand. Tubbo didn't pull away this time.

It was Phil's turn to roll his eyes, to which Wilbur snapped.

"Can he not be here?" Wilbur turned to one of the guards with a look of desperation. 

Both guards turned to the Prince, who swallowed. He decided to turn to Tubbo, who ever so slightly shook his head.

"Well, you heard the man, bye-bye Phil" Tommy smiled, as the guards reluctantly let go of Techno, instead, escorting an upset Phil out of the hospital room.

Wilbur and Techno stepped up to Tubbo, who was currently too weak to even sit up.

"Hey bud, how you feeling?" Techno asked slowly.

"Mhm," Tubbo nodded, and closed his eyes.

"Did he just die?" Wilbur asked, pointing at the boy.

"My god, let him sleep" Tommy said exasperatedly. 

"He's been sleeping for like 4 days!" Wilbur groaned, to which Tommy let out a soft laugh.

He missed this.

"Yes, but he also just died idiot," Tommy joked.

Techno slowly backed away from the three, and to the other side of the hospital room. He felt too guilty to be there, although all he really did was try to murder the kid.