identical buttons

TW - Voices, Fire, Blood, Gore, Fighting, Strong Language, Death

Tommy's POV:

When Tommy finished dinner and went back to his bedroom, his head throbbed. Ran and Boo were arguing nonstop ever since Technoblade tried to murder him, and although Tommy ignored it, it still hurt his head like hell.

But when Tommy decided to actually tap into the conversation and see what they were fighting about, his heart nearly stopped.

~ ing to kill his family, his old one.

Boo, you need to calm down, this isn't like you

Shut up Ran.

"Boo?" Tommy asked worriedly. 

I'm going to kill your family back on Earth Tommy. I'm protecting you!

Tommy's eyes widened as he took in what Boo was saying. 

Not Ran. 

Boo.

"Boo, you aren't thinking straight" Tommy laughed in uncertainty.

I'm thinking straighter than I ever thought before

"No- n- no no NO! Ran do something!" Tommy panicked, before feeling a part of him leave him, his eyes shut on instinct. He clutched his heart, and his eyes widened in terror at the demon standing in front of him. 

He swallowed, as Ranboo glared at him with anger.

"Where is the button to the bomb Tommy? The one Dream didn't confiscate?" Ranboo growled, the sweet voice of Boo was completely dark and cold.

"I- I can't tell you-"

"The closet? Is that so Ran?" Ranboo asked himself, and Tommy shrunk. 

Ran told Boo the location of the bomb controller. 

Ran wasn't on his side.

Tommy tried to stop Ranboo from getting the button, but it was too late, the demon made his way into the closet.

"Where is the damn button, Tommy?" Ranboo growled, and Tommy was terrified. He knew Boo and Ran were only doing this to protect him, or avenge him, but he didn't want this.

"I-"

"Oh, is this it?" Boo asked, holding up a button. Tommy's breath hitched, one-button sat in his closet, and the other one was in Ranboo's hand. 

Tommy internally regretted every decision he'd ever made.

Because Tommy had stolen two bombs like an idiot.

Because each bomb had its own button.

Because the two buttons looked the exact same. 

And he didn't know which one controlled the one on Earth.

And which controlled the one Dream confiscated

The one that was in the castle.

Tommy's hand made its way into the pouch, and he grabbed the communication rock tightly. He felt it glow, but Ranboo hadn't noticed.

"Ranboo please!" Tommy begged, but when he reached for the button, in hopes to take it from him, Ranboo shoved him to the floor.

It took Tommy by surprise, the amount of force Ranboo held, and in the shock, he fell backward on his good arm. He winced in pain, and Tommy looked at Ranboo with his one good eye and watched as Ranboo grabbed the other button, holding one in each hand.