home but not

OKAY DAMN THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 50k YOU ARE ALL SO COOL ISTG IM GOING TO C R Y 😭💖

TW ~ Flashbacks, Voices, Fighting, Child Neglect 

Do it, Tommy.

Tommy you better not.

They threw you to the side.

They loved you.

They neglected you.

They were busy.

They hated you.

They never hated you.

They despised you.

Maybe they disliked you.

They never wanted you.

Maybe... maybe you should do it.

Tommy... do it.

Set the bomb.

"Stop!" Tommy whispered to himself in pain. The voices made his head throb.

Just set the bomb, Tommy. Do it. Do it now.

"Will it make you stop?"

Yes.

Without thinking, Tommy slipped away from Dream, who was still distracted by the clouds forming in the sky. Tommy walked up to the front of the house and to the small lamp on the porch. There were matching lamps, one on either side of the door. Tommy quietly opened one of the lamps and reached into his pocket.

His hands wrapped around the small cylinder-shaped bottle he stole from the castle's utility station. His hand wavered over the lamp for the longest time, but the voices only continued to get louder and louder.

Taking a deep and shaky breath, he dropped the small incendiary grenade into the lamp.

The voices silenced.

He ran back to the horses, trembling, but relaxed when Dream hadn't noticed. He clung onto Dream's side, pulling Dream's cape over him too. Dream looked down at the boy worried.

"Hey bud, why did you get off the horse?" he asked quietly. It started faintly drizzling, and so Tommy pulled Dream's cape closer to him. Dream wrapped an arm around his little brother.

Tommy glanced at the house, and Dream's eyes widened. "This is the house? Oh I didn't know, are you okay?"

Tommy just hugged Dream tighter. He'd rather have stayed under the lie that he was just traumatized, rather than admitting he placed a remote-controlled explosive in the entrance of his old house.

Because that would be fun to explain.

"Let's go somewhere else! We still have time before we have to head back to the hut. Hopefully, Karl and Quackity are handling Hell right now."

Tommy giggled, remembering the conversation he had with Quackity yesterday.

"I'm sure they're having a great time, Dream," he smiled, the tension slowly fading away.

Just then, there was a flash of light from the lamps behind him. Tommy gripped Dream's cape tighter. He didn't click the button, it couldn't have exploded.