Chapter Two: The Beginning

And with that the white cat jumped into the night, leaving a star struck girl behind wondering what just happened.

——————————————————————————————————————

(⚠️I get it Y'all are confused and pressed at me, so how bout' I catch you up. Let's go back. WAY BACK. Say uh... I don't know five months before chapter one occurred. Before Adrien was akumatized, before Marinette lost her memory, and before they knew of each other's secret identities⚠️)

Five Months Before Chapter One

Marinette's POV

Adrien and Kagami. Adrien and Kagami. Their names rang through my head like a pounding headache.

(AN/Author's Note: Wow shortest POV ever jeez)

Nobody's POV

Marinette pondered this couple every night for the whole summer, wondering if things would've been different if she managed to tell Adrien how she felt. Now they were officially in the late of their junior year, their New York trip several months ago. This would be the last night she'd be pondering about this blonde haired boy, at least that's what she thought.

New York was spinning through her head. There were two reasons for it. One was seeing Adrien leave- All she could think about was if things would be different if she told him to stay. If she told him that he had meant something more to her than just a friend.

I mean, when he left for New York, it felt like she was letting go of the love she had for him for good. Adrien gave her a clear chance to say something to him but nothing came out. She just couldn't bring herself to say anything to him... that was a sign to move on right?

They just weren't meant to be. Besides, Adrien was happy with Kagami. She smiled at the thought. Happy.

Since Marinette was 13 years old, all she wanted Adrien to be happy. If this was a sign to move on, she would gladly take it. It had been three years after all.

And yes, if you were paying attention there was a second reason the bluenette was thinking of New York, but that's for another time... 😏

Nobody's POV (Just wait for it I switched characters...)

"NO! STOP IT!" Chat Noir couldn't stop thinking of that one night. (A/N: YASSSSSSS CHAT NOIR okay sorry continue.)

New York. New York was months ago but he just couldn't seem to get that one night out of his head. A lot happened on this trip for Adrien, renouncing his miraculous, having to leave his friends, but none ever came close to the amount of confusion and emotion that came from- well never mind you'll find out.

His lady or well- Ladybug couldn't make it to patrol that night leaving him to watch over Paris. She was never going to talk to him again was she?! The cool breeze gently played with his hair as the lonely Chat was left alone with his thoughts. The sky was pitch black as purple clouds drifted around the sky and illuminated the stars. The only thing that he was focused on was the moon that took away from the beauty of the- "NO," he thought. JEEZ he couldn't stop thinking about that one night could he.

Looking around, Paris seemed to be safe for now, besides he needed some time to think. Drumming his baton (his stick) on the brick wall of a Paris rooftop, he finally extended it outwards and jumped through the night to his house.

He flopped on his bed allowing himself to transform back.

Adrien was a sweet boy. His life was all figured out; he was smart, had a good financial situation, amazing friends, a teen super model, and a superhero!? Although one thing in his life felt off. Love.

Love doesn't exactly fade away all together it takes time. And being around Ladybug 24/7 didn't make it exactly easy to move on from her. She was just so confident and classy in Adrien's eyes. Her smile, her hair as dark as night, not to mention her gorgeous bluebell eyes, and she was just so... Ladybug. ♥︎

No, no, no, no, no, no. He had a girlfriend! KAGAMI! They started officially dating after he came back from New York.

(A/N: Now all you Adrinette shippers calm down its essential to the plot🤣🥲)

He thought that once he had a girlfriend all the other girls wouldn't matter and that they would all blend together sorta... Clearly that was not the case, but let's be honest Adrien isn't exactly good at social cues.

The worst part was there was ANOTHER ANOTHER girl he was thinking of. Kagami didn't deserve this she was- His thoughts were cut short by his screeching black kwami.

"Well, well, well, Loverboy, first you want fresh air and then within twenty minutes of patrolling you're sick of it already!" Plagg teased, "Are you still thinking about your new found sweetheart?"

Adrien groaned, "No, Plagg it was just one night and one moment it didn't mean anything."

The tiny black god of destruction just let out an, "Mhm," before immediately crashing into Adrien's pillow and falling into a deep slumber. Adrien rolled his eyes and shut off the lights, but still felt wide awake. He couldn't stop thinking about her.

His Lady would always hold a dear place in his heart but he needed to move on. Besides, he was with Kagami and she was amazing. Strong, confident, brave.... He sighed. He was glad to know that Ladybug cherished him greatly as he found out in New York, but it had to be time to move on; it had been three years after all.

Plagg's words echo through him, "Are you still thinking about your new found sweetheart?" He let out a light chuckle at the thought. No. Not a "sweetheart" as Plagg put it. He'd admit that the mood that night was a little too romantic and he felt a little too comfortable with it. But this was different from Ladybug and Kagami. Plagg wasn't entirely wrong since in New York he couldn't stop thinking about her, that one night, how the moon lit up her face so clearly. He sighed.

He couldn't stop thinking of Marinette Dupain Cheng.

-End of Chapter 2-