Chapter Thirty-Seven: Living with the Agrestes

(THESE NEXT FOUR CHAPTERS ARE GOING TO HAVE A LOT MORE FLUFF AND MOMENTS RATHER THAN SUPER BIG PLOT CHANGES)

Even though Marinette had lost her personal memories, she was still on track to graduate with the rest of her class.  

This qualified her for the Agreste internship program, which she applied to some time ago.  Because she was accepted, she actually got to live with the Agreste's like a college dorm.  

Gabriel had actually offered it to her and her family.  She said that they had been through a lot of trauma and that Marinette would be graduating by next year.

Her parents accepted, but she would visit them as many times as they or she liked after school or in the evening.  

Gabriel's true intentions, however, were to set a trap.  He hadn't seen Adrien since he had broken in and stolen the Ladybug earrings.  He was at square one once again, but Marinette Dupain-Cheng was his ultimate masterpiece.

It would be a trap.  Once Chat Blanc or Adrien found out, he would visit her here at his home.  He could keep an eye on him and try to catch clues to where the earrings may have been hidden.

Gabriel, like I said in the last chapter, didn't know that his son had left and was sleeping on the roof to keep an eye on Gabriel... so this should be interesting.

Marinette woke up and packed in a hurry.  She basically just scooped jumbles of her clothes into a suitcase and ran downstairs.  She still had no memory but she still had the same passion for fashion. (A/N: Lol that rhymed.)

They were in August, and the weather was just perfect.  It was a cloudless blue sky and Marinette couldn't have been more eager.  No one had really let her come out of her house, so this was definitely a step up.  

She was picked up in a slick black limo.  A bulky bodyguard, almost out of a cartoon, gave her a grunt as she sat down.  

'He kinda resembles a gorilla.' She thought.

The car ride was awkward, mostly because Marinette kept trying to make conversation and the bodyguard's answer to everything was a simple grunt.  Once, they stopped outside the towering mansion.  She laughed nervously as she stepped in.

Nathalie greeted her and let her unpack; it looked like she would be sleeping in the guest room, according to Nathalie.  

It was grand and had a pink canopy bed in the middle of it.  The carpet below was a fluffy pink and a TV sat on the side of the room.  On the other side was a huge workspace.  Shelves with fabric, sewing materials, and other such things filled to the top straight to the ceiling.  A tiny spiral stair case went up to reach the tall shelves from the ground to the top.  A desk hang at the bottom and sketch books.

Marinette smiled and thanked Nathalie.  She was told to come to dinner to meet Gabriel Agreste and his son.  

She raised her eyebrow.  She didn't even know Gabriel Agreste had a son.  Then again, she didn't know most things anymore.

Dinner for Marinette, was lovely.  She was informed that his son couldn't make it tonight and she met Gabriel Agreste.  Apparently, one of her old idols according to her apparent, friend Alya. Marinette was still curious about this son Gabriel kept mentioning.  She didn't even know his name.  

It wasn't her fault she lived under a rock.  She didn't even know that Gabriel Agreste had a son.  She didn't even know his name.  It didn't help that her parents took away all of her sources to the outside world.

She was about to ask for this boy's name and age when Gabriel said something unsettling.

"Do you know something about, Chat Blanc?"

Marinette's POV

I froze at the name, and he obviously picked up on that.

"Listen Ms. Dupain-Cheng that man is dangerous.  He took another superhero hostage and not only that has the power to destroy everything he touched."

I raised my eyebrow. Oh. That was new information.  For some reason, I didn't want to believe Gabriel.  He looked like he had the intention to keeping me safe, but...

Chat had been there since I first recalled my old memories.  He came to my house.  He would give me these-these forehead kisses...

Maybe the reason I didn't want to believe Gabriel was because I was falling for-

"Marinette.  If you see him, I want you to scream and tell me everything once the police reprimand him.  And if you get into close contact with him, take his ring.  Take his ring at all costs.  If you see his ring, grab it.  It's the only way to get that poor girl back."

I nodded. "Got it. Grab the ring."

Nobody's POV

Gabriel knew that Marinette was Ladybug but he needed her to believe that Chat was no good.  If she found out they used to be partners and who she really was, she would turn against him.

Marinette returned to her room and thanked him for the meal.  Her throat felt scratchy and she felt like she was about to throw up.  She let out a quiet whimper in shivered.

Since when was there a draft?

She turned around to see Chat Blanc, the one man she was told to report laying on her bed.

His hand propped up his face as he laid parallel to the sheets under him.  He gave her a smirk.

"Hi Princess."

Marinette wasn't meeting his eyes though, she was staring at his ring...

- End of Chapter 37-