Chapter Sixteen: A Shift in The Night

Nobody's POV

After Chat visited Marinette at school went by in a blur...

Adrien got home and got reprimanded from his father for causing an outburst in class and ditching school to go after Marinette.  Guess the news finally traveled to him... It had been two days since the incidents after all...

Adrien sighed and crashed on his bed.  He hesitantly grabbed his phone to try calling Marinette but she didn't pick up. 

Of course she wouldn't. She was humiliated in class and he was probably the last person she wanted to be around. 

Marinette. He stared at the windows longingly, remembering that magical kiss.  Was Marinette really in love with Adrien or... He couldn't be sure. He's didn't care what anyone else said as long as it came from Marinette.

Plagg smirked and flew over to his owner.  "You have a troubled heart, you know that kid."

Adrien nodded wearily. He had no idea what he was doing.  He had broken up with his first girlfriend today.

It was better that Kagami left him though. He did have some growing feelings for Marinette while they were dating... It wasn't fair to her.

Plagg paused and looked at his owner's misfortune and confusion.  He may have teased Adrien but did care about the boy a great deal.   He couldn't help but try and make sure he was happy again.

"Go see her."

Adrien raised his head looking at his kwami.

"Go see Marinette."

Adrien smiled and-

Marinette's POV

I sighed on my bed.  What a day.  I started to rant in my diary.  I felt my phone's vibrations from the other side of my bed.  I stayed where I was.  I wasn't in the mood for anyone. Well anyone except...

I sighed writing down the latest adventure with Dr. Nightmare and the kiss I was unconscious for in my diary.  I smiled.  When I'm older looking back at my adventures and moments like this would be- they'd make everything worth it.

It had been a long week and with Adrien.... Not to mention Luka had left but...Chat was just always there. I never realised how blind I had been. He was kind, generous, had a somewhat good sense of humor, and- he cared about me.

As if on command I heard gentle tapping on my trapdoor to my balcony.

I came out blinking in the light of the moon, and there he was-

Chat Noir.

Nobody's POV

"Hey Princess! I was wondering after today if you were FELINE okay."

She rolled her eyes and said, "yeah... yeah... long day that's all."

She wasn't fine but she wasn't going to pester him with her pity problems.  She still hadn't talked to Adrien and obviously she missed Luka...

She leaned against the railing and Chat quickly joined her.

Chat wanted to ask her all of his questions.  And this seemed like a perfect time, so why did nothing come out of his mouth? He took a deep breathe before taking a leap of faith:

"Princess?"

"Hmm?"

"You got to ask some questions so can I ask some of mine?"

Marinette paused for a moment before she then nodded.

"Did you really love him?"

Marinette looked up shocked.