Chapter Five: Crushing Crushes

(A/N: ⚠️Cringe Warning & Language⚠️)

"It was supposed to be you and me against the world, so tell me, M'Lady when did it become you against me." His words were chalked with pain and his eyes- she didn't even know how to explain his eyes. This was her kitty, her prince, she had to let him go, and it took everything in her to do so. She was afraid just like Adrien. Leaving her partner didn't seem like a possibility. It shouldn't have been a possibility... But it had to be.

————————

Nobody's POV 

Before anyone could make another word someone offered, "Marinette and I can share a geography textbook for the rest of class!"

Everyone turned to see who said that to find the one and only Adrien Agreste.

Every single girl in class, and Nino😂 had their mouths on the floor.

"OH YEAH! THERE IS STILL HOPE FOR MY LITTLE CHICKS WINGS!" Nino roared triumphantly.

(A/N: Lmaoooo I'm gonna be honest here... I regret nothing. Nino would do this after the events in New York)

Everyone was aware that Adrien and Kagami were dating but some of them had gotten a little too attached to Adrinette to part with it.

Alya looked intrigued by the events too. She thought there was no hope for her friends to get together after Adrien got with Kagami, then with New York, and with Luka going away..."I was gonna let Marinette borrow mine but sure," her lips curled into a smile, "that's a great idea, Adrien."

Ms. Bustier nodded and simply indicated for Marinette and Nino to swap seats.

Marinette smiled. She and Adrien had become closer after New York. She also felt much more comfortable and confident around him, realizing that there was no pressure to tell him already fading feelings. She stopped stuttering over the months with him and could even have basic conversations without getting tripped up. Giggling as she sat down next to him, she mouthed him a, 'Thank You,' and to that he replied with a wink. The two shared a laugh as the class was settling down from Adrien's outburst.

But like I said before, love doesn't exactly fade away all together it takes time~

(A/N: Aww Adrinette🥰 I want y'all to remember this moment before things turn ugly AF)

Right as the class quieted down Lila blurted out, "Oh... Marinette, are you sure you want to do that? You can of course sit next to me."

Marinette simply rolled her eyes as Adrien replied for her, "No thanks, Lila besides, I'm more than happy to share my book with an awesome girl like Marinette."

Nino let out a tiny "hehe" and started rubbing his hands together excitedly. Meanwhile, Alya raised her eyebrow at the comment.

Thinking the issue was over Ms. Bustier was about to continue when..

"Marinette are you sure?" Lila continued on, "Especially since I know how hard it's been on you since Adrien and Kagami are dating."

"What?" Adrien questioned.

Nino was in the middle of taking a swig of water from his bottle when himself, Alya, and all the girls in class froze.

"I mean you know with everything going on and you being in love with Adrien... I just thought~"

Lila's concerned face turned into a smirk as all of the attention was now on Marinette.

Nino started choking on his water. Coughing and hacking it all up from surprise and it going down the wrong way in his throat.

Aliyah who's mouth dropped, still focusing on Adrien and Marinette, started patting his back trying to make sure he didn't die😂

Marinette was momentarily stunned. Praying it was all a dream. 'Please say this was a dream. PLEASE say it's a dream.'

Nope. Sorry Marinette, this is very much real.

She felt her cheeks heat up as the realization that her crush for two to three years of her life was outed to the whole class.

"Oops, Marinette, I'm so sorry~" Lila quickly apologized, before slipping out her phone from under her desk and texting a certain someone...

"Wait what..?" Ivan chirped out

"Holy Shit!" Kim screamed.

"Damn." Juleka said.

Max rolled his eyes, "You guys really didn't know? The probability of Marinette liking Adrien was 99.9%. Based on her stutters and dreamy stares when around him."

Ms. Bustier was about to say something but directed her attention to Nino who was still choking on his water. The pregnancy had made her go softer than she already was. (She wasn't due for another five months for all of you wondering.)

All of the girls in the class except Lila were just as taken back, since they all knew of the crush.

Chloe, desperate for attention to be on her and not the baker's daughter, announced, "Uh... I knew it too! It was utterly ridiculous! I just didn't say anything because... well... because she wasn't worth the extra attention!"

Marinette felt her cheeks glow red and slapped her hands on them to stop them from heating up. She began to sink in her seat knowing the attention wasn't on her for now, but rather on her other classmate's reactions. She knew one pair of eyes were staring at her though. One pair of gorgeous green dreamy eyes.

Adrien was incredulous. 'How could Marinette be in love with him?! He thought she liked Luka!?'

Maybe this was just another one of Lila's lies... but he didn't know how this one would come into play at all; it didn't make any sense. Besides, apparently, Max and Chloe knew about this... could she actually be in love with him?

"Children, " Ms. Bustier clapped her hands, "Children calm down!"

Marinette suddenly ran out the door of the classroom.

"Marinette wait!" Adrien yelled after her exiting the classroom too.

Lila smirked and went to an anonymous contact on her phone and said:

——————————————————

L: Everything is going to plan. Release the akuma.

-Read at 9:42 AM.-

-End of Chapter 5-