Part 2: Chapter Thirty-Four: Sealed Fates

We are back in the second and final arc of this book!

(A/N: Again, thank you so much for all of the support and love this book has been receiving. It means a lot. I love to write and when I first wrote this at the age of 12, this fandom and all of you just inspired me to go further than I could have imagined.💕)

Nobody's POV

"Hey! Alya Cesaire here! I don't know about all of you, but those explosions and flashing lights from down the streets have been INSANE! Don't worry because your favorite, and may I add, fabulous, reporter is on the scene. And yes, yes, I know that the mayor and Ladybug have given specific orders for everyone to stay inside, but you can't get the scoop from up there in your apartments! Tune in exclusively to the one and only Ladyblog as I uncover the mysteries of what went down in the Arc de Triumphe today... Probably probably going to get pulverized by my parents for sneaking out at such dangerous times but I'm gonna be hon-" 

The reporter stopped in her tracks at the sight in front of her, "Holy shit."

Alya turned off her phone.  It was the most views she had gotten in her blog.  Record breaking for her career but she stopped at the sight in front of her.

"Al-always. Always and f-forever."

She came across Chat Noir-well Chat Blanc and Marinette.  Marinette was unconscious on the ground.  Chat was supporting her with his white claws.  The tears tracking off his face as he pressed his forehead against hers.

A fear had settled in the pit of Adrien's stomach.  Was she really not going to remember him?  When she woke up- they would-they would see-

But he knew that wasn't true.  He just needed the false hope.  He needed to hold onto the small remnants of it.  It was all he had left.

Gabriel's POV

Emilie.  Emilie.  She was so close.  I couldn't stop thinking of her.

The memories of Emilie and Adrien they came back-

"See I knew you could do it! You just have to- One day you will do great things Adrien. One day you will be the aire to a whole company... One day you will love someone enough to dance with them in the rain. I just hope that in the end no matter what, you'll say the most important things even though their the hardest to say... AND that you will always do the right thing for the purpose of doing the right thing. With happiness in your heart, and love as your guide."

Emilie would tell Adrien that all the time when he was scared of the rain or just in general.

Adrien was like everyone else in someways... but not entirely...

The peacock miraculous gave life.  And that's exactly what Emilie did.  She made Adrien. 

But in return she got weaker controlling Adrien and making sure he stayed alive.  Gabriel loves his son but he couldn't bare to see it destroying his wife and ripping apart his family.

She got weaker and weaker til the point she passed.

After that, I tried to shield Adrien from the world, but-

He wanted to go out and see it, because in some ways he was still human like the rest of us.  He wanted to breathe, he wanted to run, he wanted to play, he wanted to get bruises to make sure he was still living, and he wanted to fall in love. 

I thought everything was going fine when he was in school, but the amuk in his heart was clearly starting to rot due to the inactivity with the peacock miraculous on Adrien. 

Adrien was slowly fading and even though the peacock miraculous was fine, only Emilie had the power to purify what she had started, not control it.

(A/N: Don't know if that's true or not, but just go with it.)

With Emilie this close, and saving Adrien I couldn't.

Author's POV

In order for Adrien to keep Plagg, he became the new guardian watching over Paris. 

Adrien couldn't figure out why she did it though.  They could've figured something out.

Once Marinette woke up, well she-she- looked at the boy in front of her and blushed at how close they were and how cute he was.

Although... she didn't remember him.

"L-ladybug." He whispered.

"What?" She questioned.

His head immediately shot up expecting her to know, but she didn't.  She didn't.  Her eyes when she looked at him were blank... the memories were gone...all of them...

Of Chat Noir, of Ladybug, of everything.

"Umm..."

"Hi!" I'm-" she looked at him blankly and embarrassed.

"Wow-I can't remember." She laughed nervously as she reached into her coat pocket to find her ID and a letter.

"Oh.  My name is Marinette-Marinette Dupain-Cheng!"

He tried to muster a smile at her. He knew he had to be strong for her.  Though the smile didn't reach his eyes. 

Marinette scanned the gentleman in front of her.  He sure was handsome. She felt her cheeks heat up.

"Nice costume... What's your name?"

Chat opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out but a hoarse croak.

Marinette cocked her head to the side and looked at him for a second, and then looked back down at the letter she had found in her pocket.

"Umm.. Mr. White Cat, I uhh I think this is for you..."

She handed him a letter, in confusion of the phrase.

On it was written in cursive pink ink "To: Kitty."

Adrien's breathe hitched.  One last gift.  He  took the letter and began to read...

"As we grow old we realize life doesn't always give us all the gifts we hoped it would... but you mustn't be scared and you mustn't be sad, because what really matters isn't if you win or lose, the real gift is life itself..." He stopped. He couldn't bear to continue. Those words... they- they scared him. He knew exactly why they struck fear into him though: they were true. But he couldn't let go; not now. Not when he was this close. Not when he finally had her. Not when they were finally together. Not when she finally loved him- He started to feel a burning sensation in the back of his throat; trying to calm himself down he started combing his shaking fingers through his hair rapidly, like a mad man. Until it became too much and he let out a choked sob. The tears burned his face and his throat felt like it was on fire. Adrien couldn't stop the pain- the amount of anger- the amount of- trust and love. This girl was all he needed, she was his oxygen, his whole world, he loved her wasn't that enough!? He needed her in his life, but she wasn't- All of his thoughts came to a stop as Marinette, the love of his life, placed a delicate hand over his shoulder and gave it a comforting squeeze. Her bluebell eyes met his green swollen ones and-

In the moment, when their eyes met,  Magic. He knew how to save Marinette. He knew how to save her and make her remember it again.

Something was different now. A force in the universe has been permanently altered at that moment, not just between the two destined lovers and their fates but also between what would become with them and the legacy of the miraculous they possessed.

The two stood there.

A confused girl who had nothing and a distraught boy who had lost everything Tied together by fate. 

He could save her. He could do it- after all he did promise Always and Forever.

-End of Chapter 34-

Happy Holidays we are back on regular publishing schedule!