Chapter Twenty-Three: Before The Storm

Chat and Marinette. Marinette and Chat.  Since Chloe's party both had become more inseparable than before, of possible.  

Adrien would visit her every free period, fencing, and modeling shoot breaks.  Basically all of his free time was dedicated to her.  Even if he had less than a minute he would always love to wrap his arms around his Princess and snuggle with her for the moments he had.  

Marinette was just as eager.

After she was done with school and her duties as Ladybug, she would go home and sew.  Every so often turning around in hopes of seeing his broad silhouette come through the door.  

Little did both know a tragedy was being made from under them.  BUT that doesn't happen for at least like two months so... just enjoy for now.

The only problem for both of them was their other identities.

As Ladybug, Marinette could only do so much.  She would inquire him about his new found "girl" to try and know what he was thinking when it came to Marinette.  She was always satisfied with the result.  At times though it was hard, the urge to greet him with a kiss sometimes came over her, but she always fought it knowing that she was Ladybug at the moment and not Marinette.

Same with Adrien.  

It was getting harder and harder to be at school with her as Adrien.  It got harder when they were assigned seats together in science. As lab partners for the rest of the year.  Thank god summer was almost here. More time to visit his Princess and not blow his secret. 

He kept wanting to flirt or make a pun but stopped halfway when he realised what he had almost done.  Marinette would usually just give him a weird look and go back to the assignment.  

Today in chemistry class it was especially hard.  She was wearing her hair down and-

Adrien couldn't take it.  He asked to go to the bathroom and was a août to transform when Plagg rolled his eyes at him.

"What?"

"You can't just transform EVERYTIME you think your girlfriend is pretty. Besides..."

"Besides what..?" Adrien questioned but he knew exactly.

Ever since he fainted in class that one time, he had felt weaker and weaker he had no idea what was going on.  It felt like some days he couldn't move.  It even got to the point where as Chat he didn't have enough energy to stop akumas.  

Ladybug would always ask if he was okay.  But heirs constant excuse to tell her was: "yeah yeah... long night." Ladybug wouldn't question any further seeing how his tone would change.  

What the hell was going on with him?

Adrien shook his head.  "Please Plagg?"

Plagg sighed before nodding.  Adrien smiled and-

"Plagg Claws Out!"

Marinette was keeping her eyes on her work.  Why was the composition of an atom so complicated?! And why did she need to know this?! She wanted to be a fashion designer.  She sighed tapping her pen on her desk.

Adrien had been gone for sometime in the bathroom.  She had been worried about him since he had fainted. Her thoughts were stopped as some of her classmates around her gasped.

She looked up to find a dazzling smirk on a black cat's face.  

Everyone had stopped to stare as Chat cleared his throat. "Ms. Mendelieve could I please borrow Marinette for a second?"

Ms. Mendelieve gaped but nodded.

Marinette was doing everything in her power to hold back her smile and out on a concerned face.  As far as everyone in the class knew, including Alya and Nino, Chat and Marinette had not talked since "Doctor Nightmare."

Lila scowled at the attention Marinette was getting.  Before seeing, the way that Chat looked at Marinette and the way that Marinette looked at Chat. There was definitely something going on between the two of them, even though the rest of the class was too dumb to see it.

Interesting...

Meanwhile, Gabriel was in his office massaging his temples.  He sighed.  He had too much at the moment.  He had put Nathalie in charge of picking out some talented kids for the Agreste Summer Internship coming out. 

Marinette was on on the list and would be getting a call shortly about this opportunity, but until then-

CRASH

Nathalie came in to see Gabriel destroying one of his glass figures.  

"Gabriel, what on earth-"

"We can't stop it.  In a matter of weeks Adrien will be dead."

Both froze at the word.  

"Dead."

The silence was interrupted by a call from Lila Rossi. 

Gabriel nodded, "Put her though.  If we get both the miraculouses we have have a chance of saving Adrien and Emilie."

Nathalie picked up the phone and raised her eyebrow at Lila.

"Chat Noir!... Are you are?... Mhm...This is very valuable thank you, Ms. Rossi."

Nathalie hung up. 

"I just found some very interesting information that may help us win the war..."

Gabriel cocked his head.  A burning hope and sensation filling him.

Nathalie, knowing she caught his attention, said, "You remember Marinette Dupain-Cheng don't you?"

-End of Chapter 23-