Chapter Three: Confusion (Part 1)

"M'Lady..." Adrien reached out to touch his beloved partner. She was shaking on the ground clutching her ears in the spots where her earrings used to be. She flinched as she saw his hand coming towards her. He withdrew his hand from her. She looked up at him, her lip trembling, tears brimming in her eyes, as she gasped for air. He knew what he did was wrong but he wasn't going to lose his partner. Not without a fight. Marinette spoke out her voice cracked and said, "Adrien. I love you," Adrien shook his head not believing what she was about to do, "And I know you're upset but you can't do this. I know it's hard but you'll be just fine I promise. Besides I don't wanna spend our last moments to-toge-together-" She never finished that sentence.

__________________________________________________________________________

(A/N: as I've said previously, this book isn't going to end well. But don't y'all just love some good angst😂-)

Nobody's POV

Adrien woke up the next morning he had eventually fallen asleep last night. Plagg was already up having his third camembert of the day and it was only 7:30.

"Plagg! You pig! You've been up for like thirty minutes and you've already had a quarter of your cheese stash!"

"Hey! No need to judge my cheese! You were just up all night thinking about your relationship issues!" Plagg shrieked back before locking himself in Adrien's cheese cabinet.

Adrien sighed. He knew that he liked Kagami and this wasn't fair to her AT ALL. He also knew that he was still in love with Ladybug, I mean hey in his defense a girl like her is hard to get over. And then Marinette.

Adrien smiled. The model had become fairly close to Marinette in these past few months, starting with New York. That one night they danced... touching her felt electric. He hadn't felt that way with Ladybug or Kagami. He didn't feel any standards, he just felt free with her. It felt so right to hold her petite little frame against his chest as they danced the night away from the stars above. Her beautiful pale complexity being shown on the moon as her dark bangs framed her face. The way her freckles dusted lightly over her nose as her plump lips were parted ever so- "OKAY THAT'S ENOUGH OF THAT." Adrien thought. His face turning red from embarrassment.

(A/N: 😏)

Massaging his temples and shaking his head he had begun to shove his books in his bag. "She's just a friend. Just a friend..." he said trying to reassure himself, "If we were anything else I would've known right? Also if Marinette felt anything she would've told me. I'm pretty sure she's just scared of me anyway. The way she stutters around me and how jumpy she is..."

Adrien kept rambling on and on softly. Meanwhile, Plagg was listening to Adrien's dilemma inside the cheese haven he had created for himself in one of Adrien's cabinets.

Plagg sighed. "Ohhh Adrien we have a long way to go don't we..."

"C'mon Plagg," Adrien shouted, "we have to get to school!"

-End of Chapter 3-