Chapter Eighteen: Movie Night

Adrien was right, for that night, Chat would be visiting Marinette and that night would be full of surprises...

Nobody's POV

Marinette was doodling in her diary and thinking of you guessed it: Chat Noir.

Over the passed two months the longer he didn't visit her the more desperate she was to see him. She saw him as Ladybug for patrol and akuma fights but this wan't the same.

Marinette didn't know what to think anymore. If Chat liked her he would've visited in the past two months right? She gave a cruel smile. It was funny how just when he got over her she was starting to love him. She missed all of the chances she had with him as Ladybug, because she was afraid of him being disappointed about the girl under the mask.

Maybe he was disappointed and that's why he didn't come. Maybe she wasn't good enough. Tikki looked at her sadly.

Was everything just in her head? The forehead kisses, the confessions or flirts, the nickname Prince-

KNOCK

Before she could finish her thoughts there was a knock at the balcony door. She nearly fell out of bed. A rush of exhilaration pumped in her heart as she scrambled to come up from her trapdoor.

And there he was.

His broad stature covered with straps of black leather, a devilish smirk appearing on his face, and a playful smirk spreading across his face. Before Marinette could say anything, Chat whisked her up in his arms and placed her gently down on her balcony.

"Hey Princess." He whispered.

"Please... don't say anything... yet... You deserve an explanation and I'm here to give you one."

Her heart was beating so rapidly that it felt like it was beating out of her chest. Leaning down he bent down and kissed her hand.

Marinette's breath felt like it had just been stolen from her. She didn't know how or why she was feeling this way. He didn't come for two months and now he finally shows up and she scrambles to meet him?

He better have one hell of a good explanation.

"I-I I'm so sorry. I just didn't want to take advantage of you or-or lead you on until I knew... How I felt... trust me, Marinette you did nothing wrong... My girlfriend and I broke up about two months ago and I just- I needed some time to think and-"He stopped.

"And?" She questioned.

"I'm sorry I didn't visit after everything. You mean more to me than you- I didn't want to lead you on if I still had feelings for someone e-else or-or- I know I should've said something to you instead of ghosting you but Marinette- I-I'm sorry it t-took so long for me to realize. .. two to three years precisely but I love y -"

He was cut off by Marinette who placed her lips on HIS forehead. She smiled into it. He said exactly what she needed to hear. Even if she didn't give him a chance to finish it...

She smirked at his reaction as her lips parted from his head.

"Do you wanna come in?" She gestured inside her room.