Chapter Thirty-Three: This Would be The End

⚠️Language Warning⚠️

I don't own any quotes from Miraculous Ladybug.  Full credit goes to the creator, studio, production, writers, animators, etc.

Previously:

Adrien pulled her into a bone crushing hug. Trying to hold onto her for life, but since he had been dizzy and fainting lately it came off weak and frail. He sobbed into her neckline. Marinette felt herself tear up to.

"Oh Chaton..."

Sadly, Marinette was sobbing for a different reason. She knew what she had to do.

"I-I promise, I won't leave you Adrien."

Nobody's POV

1 HOUR AWAY FROM MARINETTE LOSING HER MEMORY, CHAT BECOMING AKUMATIZED, AND YOU ALL FINDING OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO MAKE THESE EVENTS OCCUR.  (ITS ABOUT TO GO FROM 0 TO 100% REAL QUICK-)

It had been two days since Marinette and Adrien's conversation.  And Marinette was at a crossroads.

Of course she loved her parents, her friends, her family, but she was doing this to protect them right? She had to.  She couldn't even bring herself to think of Adrien.  She knew the more she would think of him the more she would change her mind. 

She felt herself tearing up.  It was weird to think that soon she would wake up and not remember those kind green eyes and that dashing broad grin.  He would be so-angry and be in so much pain- she could only imagine. 

She had spent the last two days trying to make them the best for Adrien.  She had never left his side.  They talked and shared their secrets or their point of views in battles together.  They talked about their future with the three kids and a hamster and the 9996 roses and dandelion.

She smiled sadly.  She would never get to see those 9996 roses or the kids and the hamsters would she? I mean- someone else would see it-just not her.  She froze.  She was doing what was right.  She had to.  Adrien and her had taken a nap in each other's arms from a movie marathon when Marinette slowly crept out of bed.

Adrien might not have caught on to Marinette's plan but Plagg... Plagg had.

Marinette noticed him watching her as soon as she was about to leave.

Marinette smiled, "Take care of him for me, will you? If Adrien has to lose me I'm going to make sure he won't lose you.  And when Adrien get's better and when you finally defeat Hawkmoth... remember me for who I am now okay..?"

Marinette swore she had seen Plagg tear up.

"Okay, Marinette."

She smiled before letting a tiny sob escape through the pain and running as fast as she could.  This would be the end.

Gabriel's POV

No sign of Adrien of Marinette surrendering.  I sighed.  Did:t he understand I was doing this for his well being? Well... if he wasn't going to give me my miraculous I would have to take it by force.  Emilie was so close now, and I wasn't stopping for anything.

I wanted to be that perfect family again and I wanted to be happy again.  The amuk inside him was rotting though and the only way to slow down the process was with a black little butterfly.

Ms. Rossi had done well.  I gripped the earrings cautiously.  Nathalie nodded to me.  I smiled.  I released the black butterfly into the air.  This would be the end.