Chapter Four: Confusion (Part 2)

(Author's Note: it concerns me that y'all are reading this when I have better books- and not to mention, another love square book)

⚠️Language Warning Sorta⚠️

"Adrien... I love you... and that's why I lied." Shit. He ran down the bruised streets of Paris screaming for his lady to come out. Fear consumed him. If he didn't find her right now- He stopped in his tracks. His mind was yelling at him to go and look for Marinette but his body was stiff as a board. He couldn't move if he tried, suddenly he dropped to the ground clutching his heart. What the hell was going on. There was no fear or anger or pain, there was nothing... he didn't feel anything. Suddenly a voice came to him as a purple outline formed around his face, "Hello, Chat Blanc."

————-

Nobody's POV

(A/N: Ooo these flashbacks be getting you guys don't they😏)

Marinette woke up with a smile stretched across her face. She got out of bed slowly as Tikki began to stir awake. She climbed down the stairs of her bed and landed with a plop on her desk chair.

Tikki rubbed her eyes and called from up on the bed, "What are you doing, Marinette? Shouldn't you be packing for school?! Your geography textbook is still on your bed!"

Tikki flew down to see what her crazy owner was doing now, but to her surprise she saw... nothing. None of the Adrien posters were on the wall! Her screensaver had been changed to a simple pink background on her computer and her walls were full of pictures with her friends. It was almost as if Matinette's room was cleansed from Adrien Agreste's frenzy for three years.

The only things on her desk were her computer, fabrics, her sewing machine, diary, and the miracle box, which she kept hidden behind her computer.

Marinette smiled at Tikki's awestruck face. And replied casually with, "It was time I moved on. Besides... WE'RE GONNA BE LATE FOR SCHOOL! QUICK TIKKI!"

Marinette slung her backpack over her shoulder as Tikki hid in her purse and sprinted to school.

As she got to class. She realized she wasn't the only one running late. Ms. Bustier was too. With a sigh of relief she entered and observed most of her classmates were already there. The first person she noticed as she came in was Adrien. He gave her a broad grin and a chuckle. She gave him a small smile back and a wave before reaching her seat and sitting next to a surprised Alya.

"Girl! What was that with Adrien!"

"Uh... what do you mean?"

Alya rolled her eyes, ignoring her friend's obliviousness, and said, "Check out this amazing video I got!"

With that Aliyah pulled out her phone and clicked on a link to show a video of the one and only Chat Noir dancing on a Paris rooftop. Marinette couldn't help but burst out a giggle. She had become quite fond of her partner over the years and especially after New York.

She realized just how much he meant to her. When he renounced his miraculous, it felt like she had lost her best friend and more...She didn't know what would happen to her or him if he never got his ring back- He meant so much to her. To think that he would- NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. Was she seriously daydreaming about her pun making partner?!

Ever since New York she had started to realize and appreciate his sacrifices more often. Too bad they got into a- Other than Adrien, he was the second reason that she couldn't get New York out of her head. His laugh after his puns was infectious, the way he commanded a crowd, how he was always there for her when she needed him to be-

Marinettewas quickly snapped back into reality as Ms. Bustier came back.

"Get out your geography homework and turn to the very beginning of chapter nine."

Marinette reached in her bag to find. Shoot. Tikki had told her she had left it on the bed but she was too busy...

"Marinette do you not have your book?" Ms. Bustier questioned.

"Of course Dupain-Cheng doesn't have her book. What did you expect from her?! To be successful! Utterly ridiculous, utterly ridiculous!" Chloe sneered.

To make matters worse, Lila Rossi chimed in too. She officially announced to the class that she would be in Paris for the WHOLE year. Making Marinette's life a living hell. "This is so unlike you Marinette you are usually so responsible and organized."

Before anyone could make another word someone offered, "Marinette and I can share a geography textbook for the rest of class!"

Everyone turned to see who said that to find the one and only: Adrien Agreste.

-End of Chapter 5-