Chapter Forty-Nine: An Akuma in The Shell of an (Almost) Dead Man

Adrien's POV

I knew that I had to leave her soon, the letter, Plagg's advice, my mom's advice, the miracle box, that stupid class lesson about the dinosaurs...

I know it sounded random but- everything just fit into place. I knew what I had to do, but I couldn't help it.

Was this the fear Marinette felt when she gave up her memory? The fear that she would have to let go of everything she ever loved. I couldn't imagine a world without Marinette, nonetheless making the choice to live without her.

Or well- more accurately I was making the choice to die without her.

I didn't know what to say. Especially since she had finally gotten her memory back and we could finally be together- This was going to hurt more than-

I looked over at Marinette squeezing her hand comfortingly as we entered the elevator. I hope she can forgive me...

I knew I shouldn't have gotten too attached to her or agreed to go on a date with her this morning after the decision I had made with Plagg and Tikki but-

Her bluebell eyes and that infectious smile. It was all just too addicting to leave. The smell of cherry blossoms and vanilla waning off of her.

I knew she was thinking about our date tonight and the fact that she was so excited about it made her heart spin around.

I knew I should've told her more about what was going on or about my mother and me being a sentimonster but- I didn't.

In the heat of the moment I backed her up against the wall, eagerly wanting to kiss her soft pillowy lips. As my lips were about to brush against her I heard a voice.

"Marinette?" Luka. What was he doing back?

Maybe it was the akuma, but a soft growl escaped my lips. Marinette didn't seem to hear it still tranced by my arms and movements. 

 Even so, I still protectively wrapped my arms around her waist bringing her closer.

I felt her cheeks heat as I placed my arms around her, but I didn't care. 

 This protective dominance had come over me in the moment, and I couldn't fight it.

Kind of like Plagg and his Camembert.

Wow. Worst simile ever. 

 I felt Marinette lift her body and stare ahead of me at what I was sure was, Luka Coffaine.

I liked Luka don't get me wrong, but a lot had changed since he was gone. And the akuma took over me. Twisted thoughts and scenarios swapped back and forth in my mind.

Nobody's POV

At this point the akuma had officially taken over Adrien. All those jealous emotions rising and drowning the kind and forgiving. The possessiveness and wickedness inside him that he wanted to unleash felt like it was about to burst through.

Who knew that all it turned to make him crack was a surprise visit from the one and only: Luka Coffaine.

He had forgotten about his plan to sacrifice himself, he had forgotten that Luka was supposed to be his good friend, and he had forgotten that Marinette, his Princess, his Lady, was guarded and smashed against his chest.

He looked down at the girl below him, his eyes flashing dangerously.

Her crystal blue eyes stared in awe, as her lips, that belonged to him, according to the akuma, parted slightly in shock. The freckles on her face danced as her fresh porcelain skin made her bangs fall loosely and delicately. She shivered a bit, still not taking her eyes off Luka snuggling more into Adrien unconsciously.

Adrien gladly accepted.Snuggling closer to her.  

It was as if time stopped before a fourth voice came out, "Adrien?"

The akuma in Adrien rose even higher. That voice was not from Marinette's but from someone much more dangerous.

Marinette went a bit stiff too.

Someone who was manipulating, someone who stole his lady's earrings, someone who was quite a good liar.

Adrien, still keeping his arms on Marinette, shifted both him and his lady to face both of them.

Luka, on one side of the elevator entrance, and on the other side Lila Rossi.

(Author's Note: Short but it works ;)   

-End of Chapter 49-