Chapter Twenty-Nine: Roses, Dandelions, and Sweaters

Nobody's POV

"Adrien!" Marinette said, looking annoyed at him.

"If you didn't want me to take the job, you could've said so! Did you really have to drop kick down the doors of your house and carry me away!?"

Adrien looked down at her.  Oh.  He was carrying her bridal style.  He felt himself blush 

"s-sorry."

Marinette continued to give him a hard glare.  Adrien rubbed the back of his neck nervously as he felt her eyes on him.  This is the kind of attention he didn't like from her, but any attention from her was one that he craved.

Marinette sighed, looking at him concerned,  "Well are you going to tell me why you did that? I didn't even get a chance to do my interview."

Adrien opened and closed his mouth.  He didn't want to put his stress on her.  He wanted to keep what he was going through separate from her and a secret. 

"I- uh... made...uhhhhhh reservation! Haha! Yeah a reservation! It's at one of those really fancy cafe's downtown and I was going to your house to surprise you when I got the call..." 

Adrien didn't want to lie but it could 't hurt right.

Marinette slightly perked up a bit by his sweet gesture but she was still pissed off at him.  Adrien gave her a devilish smirk before swooping down and kissing her hand.

"Shall we Princess?"

Marinette hesitantly nodded before grabbing his hand and going with him.

Obviously Adrien didn't have a reservation but being Gabriel's son in Paris had to come with some perks right?

-Le Time Skip-

Just as Adrien had suspected they were seated immediately as soon as he entered.  

Marinette felt weird to have all eyes on her, but that was probably because she was having lunch with Adrien Agreste.  

Her back raised at the sound of camera clicking around her but Adrien reassured her with his kind eyes.

"They're just taking pictures because I'm with someone as beautiful as you~" he winked before grabbing two menus from a waiter.  Marinette blushed at the compliment before feasting her eyes on the pictures provided on the menu.

"Get whatever you want as a makeup gift for crashing your interview.  My father will probably give you another one since the only reason why didn't you make it to this one was because of my incompetence."

Adrien felt himself sweat.  Was Marinette a target now that his Father had found out he was Chat Noir? Also... How did his father know that two miraculouses merged together could create a wish? Could his father possibly be Haw-

His thoughts were cut off by the waiter coming back and letting them order.  

-Le Time Skip (again because I'm a lazy author)-

Marinette was in a much better mood after eating and it may have also had to do with the fact that Adrien had been flirting with her all day.  

They had gotten ice cream at Andre's and were walking around with a blackberry and peppermint ice cream.  

Adrien gave her a spoon of the peppermint which she greatly excepted.  He laughed.  She was so adorable.  

They held hands and continues to walk until they found themselves near the Arc de Triumph.  Once both stopped, the snuggled on the side of the monument, watching the cars go by.