Chapter Forty: Fading Bonds

⚠️Language Warning⚠️

Nobody's POV

"Marinette!"

The girl felt her eyelids flutter open.  The rain was still coming down on both teens.  Her hair was clothes were absolutely soaked.  She slowly got off the ground, as if in a trance.

"Marinette! Are-are you okay?!" Marinette looked at him slightly for a second before walking away from him to her car.  

Adrien looked at her incredulously. Was she serious right now!? She had just fainted and-

She turned around to look at him again as she got into the car.  Her blue eyes pierced his soul, "I forgive you for the chewing gum... see you later." A light blush touched her face.

She got in the car and drove back to the Agreste House.

"Chewing gum?!" Plagg said, weirded out by her odd actions.  "What do you think she meant by that, Adrien?"

"Adrien?"

Adrien was frozen.  The chewing gum...

"I just wanted you to know I was only trying to take the chewing gum  off your seat, I swear."

She remembered. She remembered!

Adrien let out a heavenly laugh as he felt himself throw his hands up and dance in the rain.  His sweet laugh echoes with the thunder.  

Marinette's POV

I went back to my room slowly.  As if I was in a dream of I was half asleep.  I fell on my bed squishing my face into my pillow.  Was this real?! Did I remember something..?

That Adrien Agreste... when I stared into his eyes, I saw- I saw him- or well a younger version of what I assumed he'd look like. Still hella cute-

We were standing in a school... And instead he was handing her an umbrella.

He said something like, "I just wanted you to know I was only trying to take the chewing gum off your seat, I swear."  And some more... She blushed at the new found memory.

Tikki's POV

I knew I shouldn't have but I went down... down down in the miracle box.  To the black goo that used to be our home.  Some of the kwamis followed me down there as back up.  

"I'm gonna do something a little crazy..." 

"Xuppu take watch if Adrien and Plagg are coming and Sass, Fluff, stay down here with me."

"I always miss the fun stuff." Zuppu grumbled as he went out to keep watch.

"Whatssss the plan Tikki." Sass drawled out.

"I'm gonna use my power.  You know... like how Plagg uses his cataclysm..."

Nobody's POV

Tikki knew she shouldn't be tampering with magic like this, especially since she had no idea what it would do to her but she had to.  She couldn't stop thinking of Marinette and Adrien.

She grabbed a piece of the cold dead magic in her hand, through it up in the decaying tavern and yelled, "MIRACULOUS LADYBUG!"

For a minute the whole miracle box flashed white.  The pure white pools of white magic flowed.  Tikki laughed joyously as she spun around the miracle box before it soon turned dark again.  The black creeped up and resurfaced covering the white as if it was never there.