Chapter Eight: Songs of The Past

(⚠️There are quotes in this chapter from the show.  Because I'm scared of copyright I'll say it again.  I DO NOT OWN THE SHOW, QUOTES, OR CHARACTERS. Some Lukanette/essential for the character development though⚠️)

(Various quotes in this chapter belong to the show, Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Chat Noir, created by Thomas Astruc and Zagtoon)

Marinette's POV

I told Luka about everything that happened in the past months since he... went away a week after we went to New York. He cradled me in his arms as I told him everything on a park bench. In the very same park we would always hang out at before he had to leave. The fountain in the middle of it was empty and the perfectly fresh cut grass was laid out with trees lining the perimeter.

(A/N: Aliyah and others who haven't watched the New York special... That's not true😂. I just made it so that Luka left after New York in this story didn't happen in the show.)

When he heard what Lila did he gritted his teeth and cupped my cheeks. "Do you want me to talk to her, Marinette? You know I'd do anything for you."

I think we can all agree that Luka was pretty chill until someone messed with any of his loved ones.

I smiled and shook my head. "I'm Luka fine- No I mean you're really ꧁FINE꧂ Luka. UMM! I DIDN'T MEAN YOU WERE FINE IN THAT WAY. NOT THAT YOUR NOT HOT BECAUSE YOU ARE. UMM I JUST MEANT... Luka...I'm fine. Sorry I don't know why I'm stuttering like this." I said flushed by my outburst.

"I think I might have an idea why you're stuttering." He teased.

I felt a blush spread across my face, "Besides, Luka, I really- I should be the one to deal with Lila and-and... Adrien."

Luka looked at me, his aqua eyes pouring deep into mine full of sincerity and emotion. My breath hitched.

"Are you still in love with him?"

"Adrien?" I inquired, "Yeah... not so much." I rested my hand on my cheek sighing.

I could feel Luka staring at me intensely; frowning at seeing how upset I was. He began to hum. He hummed a sweet yet solemn tone. I lifted my eyes and looked at him. I felt an unconscious smile spread across my face. Only him and I knew that tune. Maybe it was because he told me that it would be forever. He told me that was my song... My perfect tune. Maybe I remember it so well because he wrote it for me, and finished it the week he had to leave. I still remember...

-FLASHBACK TO THE WEEK LUKA HAD TO LEAVE-

Monday: (Day 1)

"I LOVE UNICORNS!" Rose sang.

Marinette smiled; they looked so divine in their Kitty Section costumes. She loved watching them practice. Although... Luka was still downstairs in his room. Juleka said he had some big news and he would come out when he was ready so they were practicing above on the boat for now.

Marinette swayed her head to the beat. The way Ivan commanded the rhythm as the boat rocked with every hit to the drums. How Juleka could play the bass so smoothly under pressure, how each and every key and chord came so easy to her. How Rose's voice matched the music in the perfect pitch. But the song wasn't perfect. It was missing her favorite part. Her favorite blue haired guitarist.

As if he heard her, on command, Luka came out. Everyone stopped, and looked at Luka, anticipating what he was about to say.

"I just got off the phone with Jagged Stone. Apparently Vivica, his old guitarist, left him for Laura Nightengale, he wants me to go on tour with him... as his official new guitarist."