Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Kitten and Ladybug at The Deadly Crossroads

⚠️Language Warning⚠️

Nobody's POV

Two days into the summer and for Adrien it was already the best days of his life.

The girl he loved more than anything not only loved him back, but was his girlfriend.

He was walking to her house right now, no mask no costume, for the first time as Adrien Agreste he felt totally free. Adrien hadn't made plans with Marinette today since they hung out the first two days, but he couldn't help but find his way back to her.

He could go go out in public with his girlfriend! Like a normal kid! And not having to worry about his safety. And the word "girlfriend."

GIRLFRIEND. He felt a grin appear on his face as he walked to Marinette's house, as Adrien. He had, Kagami as a girlfriend before but a lot was complicated and diluted their relationship.

In the end it was just easiest to let her go. But he wasn't going to let Marinette go. As long as he had her everything would be fine. He just couldn't mess this up. He wouldn't.

Marinette's POV

"I need to tell him I'm Ladybug. I should tell him right?" I was rambling to Tikki about my new found boyfriend problems.

Would my secret be the end of us? I had gotten Chat and loved him. Then, I found out he was Adrien and loved him even more. But would Adrien feel the same way as I did when he would find out I am Ladybug?

I didn't have plans with Adrien today, but a part of me wish he would come and visit me. We had spent the last two days together talking and chatting about... well... everything. I could tell Adrien wanted to open up to me completely.

A pang of guilt hit my heart. I wanted to open up to him completely too.

I looked over at my desk and smiled fondly at the present. It was a black sweater with little neon green as prints. I was planning on giving it to him tonight.

Tonight. Adrien or Chat would probably visit me tonight, and tonight I was going to tell him. I would tell him everything.

I looked across my desk to see my phone buzzing from an unknown caller.

I picked up the phone cautiously before answering it. No caller ID. Something about it felt ominous in a way I couldn't place.

"Hello?"

Adrien's POV

My breath had sped up. I felt myself gasping hysterically. Plagg was bumping in my bag too. Trying to warn me that something was wrong.

I think...I had just been kidnapped...?

(A/N: what a change)

I don't know one moment I was with Marinette, the next I was thrown into the back of a car. A blindfold was out on me and-

For some reason I didn't care all I could think about was Marinette. Was she worried? Was she okay? Was she looking for me? I hope she was safe.

"Adrien stop." A commanding voice filled the space. I- My father.

Was this real?! I gasped for air. The car had stopped moving and the wind hit my face. The blindfold was scratching my eyes as the breeze hit my face.

"F-father" what the hell is happening. He took the blindfold off.

I looked at him for a minute before checking out our surroundings.

"What-wha"

We were one block away from Marinette's house. Did he pick me up, blindfold me, drive me around in a circle, just to put me where I was beforehand?!

Nobody's POV

The tension in the air felt stiff. Everything felt cold and ominous. Goosebumps washed on Adrien's skin. "What's going on, Father! W-why?"

"Adrien I want you to listen very closely to the next words that come out of my mouth. You are dying. Just like your mother, and I can save you and your mother, but you need to give me your miraculous. I-I need you to give me your miraculous. I know who you really are. And I know you haven't got that much time left."

"I-"

Adrien feel his grasp on his ring tighten. He didn't realize he had been holding his ring protectively in the first place.

"Adrien, I would think very carefully about your next moves. Do you want to save your mother or be with some dumb girl."

Adrien didn't know what to think. So many things had begun to spin in his head, he couldn't focus. The dizzy feeling had come back to Adrien as he was feeling more faint.

All he could think about was getting the hell away from his father. He ran and ran and ran as fast as he could away from him. Straight past Marinette's house, over the park, over tons and tons of buildings, to an abandoned alleyway.

What the hell just happened?

Marinette's POV

Oh my god. This was not happening.

"Thank you!" I squealed. Tikki was listening with me and was buzzing with excitement too.

I ended the call before scrolling through my contacts for a familiar number.

I called Adrien spazzing to tell him the news, but.... it went to voicemail.

Weird. That never happens.

I shrugged before starting my message at the beep.

"Hey Adrien- "

Adrien's POV

Plagg me out of my bag solemnly, looking at me for any reaction of what just happened.

I had no idea what happened. My breath felt like it was caught in my throat as my senses filled with confusion and distraught. What had just happened. My father-

I felt my phone's vibrations against my bag but I felt paralyzed. I couldn't stop shaking. A sob cracked through my throat.

I was dying? My mother? My-my miraculous?! I clutched my ring against my chest and continued to sob. I was afraid.

Plagg rested on my shoulder trying to comfort me but I couldn't stop.

Minutes passed. I felt my eyes go dry, from the crying. I gave a quiet sob as I reached for my phone.

Marinette. Marinette had called. Sniffling, I slowly put the phone up to my ear and okayed her message.

"Hey Adrien-uhh... It's me, Marinette, your-Uh, girlfriend? Is it okay if I use that word? Anyways I have this huge present for you the next time you visit. Adrien or Chat I don't have a preference. I love you both either way... Anyways I have some big news to tell you- I-I totally forgot about this but I just got into the Agreste Internship design program! I signed up like three years ago when I was twelve- I had no idea that it would come back and that I would've- AH! This is so exciting oh my god! I can work with you and-and spend the whole summer with you. That is- if-if you want to.. it's fine if it's not and it's too much for you. Sorry I'm rambling.. Umm I'm right now, today, apparently supposed to come over to your house for a crash course..? I guess? Any thought? Anyways. Umm I'm going to your house right now. Love you! By-"

Adrien hung up the message. Why was she going to his house? Why had his father just accepted her after he just rejected her.

He remembered something his father said at that moment.

"Adrien, I would think very carefully about your next moves.  Do you want to save your mother or be with some dumb girl."

Marinette. He was going to go after Marinette.

-End of Chapter 28-