Chapter Twenty: Secrets

Previously:

"What?"

"It's Gabriel Agreste..."

"WHAT!"

Marinette's POV

Gabriel Agreste. THE Gabriel Agreste is calling me. What for? No idea haven't answered the phone yet. What if this was for a fashion opportunity or...

My thoughts were interrupted from seeing Chat looking like he saw a ghost.

I walked over to him, with my phone still ringing, "What's wrong Chaton?"

"Please don't answer that."

"What? But Chat-"

"I just have a really bad feeling... please don't."

Chat Noir's POV

I felt my cheeks paling. What did my father want with Marinette. I was fearful. My father wasn't a bad man just a strict one. What if he wanted Marinette to stop talking to me at school- or trying to take her away from me in someway...

Either way I felt sick. The idea of my father calling her was...

The phone stopped ringing. Marinette had declined it. She looked at me.

"Better?" She questioned.

I looked at her before smiling softly and nodding. Shortly after her phone started ringing again with the same number. Dammit.

"Chat... it could be really important... Please..?"

I nodded my claws digging into the chaise.

She turned it on. I could only hear what Marinette said. The conversation kind of went like this:

"Hello?"

"Oh."

"Oh my god. Is he okay!?"

"Wait... Mr. Agreste I'm not positive but... I think Adrien might have gone to Chloe's party."

"Mhm"

"I'm not sure though. I'll definitely keep an eye out but... he's not with me."

"No problem. Have a good day."

Marinette looked at me worried.

Nobody's POV

Marinette's heart had went up. Not at the mention of Adrien's name but the fact that he was missing and she had this whole conversation in front of Chat.

Chat knew that she loved Adrien, and less than ten minutes ago they were about to kiss. This didn't look to good.

She felt her heart sinking to the bottom of her chest. Only one question above all this was on her mind: "Was Adrien going okay?"

Marinette sat down on the chaise with Chat. Her pink dress draping over the sides of it. She sighed. "Chat-"

"I'll look for him."